Improve the Look of your Kitchen by Using Splashbacks
- Author Andy Markead
- Published March 29, 2017
- Word count 790
If you are looking for some improvements in your kitchen or want your kitchen to look beautiful then you should think about splashbacks. Splashbacks are one of the several ways to improve the look and feel of your kitchen. It helps you in keeping your kitchen clean and organised. Splashbacks not only makes a kitchen look expensive but are also safe and hygienic. Depending on your choice and budget, Splashbacks can improve your kitchen's overall design and make your kitchen look expensive. If you have good tradie skills you can also install splashbacks on your own. There is a variety of options available in the market where you can DIY the installation of splashbacks. DIY installation of splashbacks reduces cost but is advisable only if you are confident and have good amount of spare time. If you are thinking of renovating your kitchen then think about the splashbacks. Splashbacks may change the looks of your kitchen completely without altering most of the things in the kitchen. Depending on your likes and budget, you can choose the type of Splashback to be installed. There are mainly 7 types of Splashbacks depending on the product used. They are:
There was a time when Tiles were the most common product being used in Splashbacks but due to low options in color and material, they disappeared from the market. But thanks to range of colors, pattern and materials, Tiles are now seeing a big comeback. Another reason for their comeback may be their cost, as they are low priced and easy to install.
Toughened glass splashbacks are the most popular splashbacks at the moment. They are easy to clean and have unlimited color options. The glass used is toughened so the glass can withstand any shock and heat from the cooktops. Another reason to use toughened glass is safety; as if it gets broken it crumbles into small granular pieces instead of sharp objects. There are unlimited colors to choose from. You can choose coloured glass splashbacks depending on the color of wall and your likes. For kitchen glass splashbacks is the most popular type. Instead of glass you can also have your digitally printed image at the back of the glass.
Mirror splashbacks are reflective glass splashback suitable for using in wet areas like kitchens and bathroom. They are gradually becoming very popular choice. A mirror splashback is a reflective glass splashback that is suitable for using in kitchens and other wet areas. They are made from toughened glass and are corrosion free. They are water and steam resistant and are available in different colours including silver, smoke, bronze and graphite.
Acrylic splashbacks are one of the most cost effective splashbacks which gives the illusion of glass and with installation you could go for a DIY option. One of the major problems with Acrylic splashbacks is they cannot be installed directly behind cooktops. You can use toughened glass or stainless steel plates as additional protection. Acrylic splashbacks are easy to install and no specialised tools are required.
Stone can also be used as splashback material. It’s uncommon in Australia but very popular in Europe and Asia. The stone comes in wide variety of colors and texture. Stone is shock and heat proof and gives elegant look in the kitchen. Stone cutting may need special tools so it’s advisable to seek professional’s help while installations.
You will find many people who love pressed metal splashbacks. Pressed metal comes with many different patterns and can be installed in almost any kitchen. Pressed metal splashbacks are usually made up of Aluminium alloy which won't rust. They are easy to install and the installation can be done on DIY basis. The pressed metal sheets can be painted in any color to match your kitchen.
Stainless steel splashbacks are most common in commercial kitchens. It gives a contemporary industrial feel to a kitchen. It's hygienic and highly durable which makes it best option for commercial kitchens. You can install stainless steel splashbacks by yourself. You can buy stainless steel sheets from the store and cut it to the size with no specialised tools. Stainless steel splashbacks are also used in combination of acrylic or tiles splashbacks.
Splashbacks are essentials in kitchens and wet areas and improve the look and feel of the surroundings. They are now being used in other parts of home like bathrooms, bedrooms and lounges. You can inset lights to improve the looks of splashbacks. Splashbacks are widely used in kitchens because they are safe and hygienic. They are designed to be oil, water and stain resistant. They are also easy to clean and cleaning can be done using a damp cloth.
There are no posted comments.
- Rustic woodgrain farmhouse cottage with vintage carved barn doors
- holistic garden sanctuary, buddha statues
- Vintage rustic wood credenzas
- Nature carved Barn Doors
- 7 things you must know before building, extending or renovating your home.
- The Impact of Electrical Upgrades on Home Resale Value in Australia
- Rodent-Proofing Your Home: Tips and Tricks
- How Much Does House Removal Cost in Australia? Understanding Your Moving Budget
- Advantages of Using Ceramic and Porcelain Tiles at Home and Commercial Places
- Culinary Chronicles: A Journey Through Kitchen Renovations
- The Advantages of Using a Professional Cleaner in Liverpool
- Crafting Culinary Sanctuaries: The Poetic Essence of Kitchen Remodeling
- The Importance of Using Professional Tilers for Regrouting Bathroom Tiles
- Making Eco-Conscious Decisions in Home Renovations
- Advantages of Engaging Expert Home Cleaners in Bournemouth
- How To Declutter Your Home - In 5 Simple Steps
- Enhancing Comfort and Efficiency: Tri-County Heating and Air's HVAC Expertise
- Artistic Carved Door Panels
- Rustic Carved Sliding barndoors
- Exploring the Advantages of Hiring Professional Home Cleaners in King's Lynn
- Discovering the Perks of Professional House Cleaning in Stoke-on-Trent
- Rustic Elegance of Vintage Furniture
- Natures Harmony Collection of Carved Doors
- The Advantages of Using Professional Cleaners in Bolton
- Embracing the Perks of Professional Home Cleaning in Caerphilly
- Discovering the Benefits of Professional Home Cleaning in Merthyr Tydfil
- The Advantages of Using Professional Cleaners in Newport
- The Advantages of Hiring a Professional Carpet Cleaner in Plymouth
- The Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Plymouth
- Seasonal Home Maintenance: Preparing Your Home for Each Season