Improve the Look of your Kitchen by Using Splashbacks
- Author Andy Markead
- Published March 29, 2017
- Word count 790
If you are looking for some improvements in your kitchen or want your kitchen to look beautiful then you should think about splashbacks. Splashbacks are one of the several ways to improve the look and feel of your kitchen. It helps you in keeping your kitchen clean and organised. Splashbacks not only makes a kitchen look expensive but are also safe and hygienic. Depending on your choice and budget, Splashbacks can improve your kitchen's overall design and make your kitchen look expensive. If you have good tradie skills you can also install splashbacks on your own. There is a variety of options available in the market where you can DIY the installation of splashbacks. DIY installation of splashbacks reduces cost but is advisable only if you are confident and have good amount of spare time. If you are thinking of renovating your kitchen then think about the splashbacks. Splashbacks may change the looks of your kitchen completely without altering most of the things in the kitchen. Depending on your likes and budget, you can choose the type of Splashback to be installed. There are mainly 7 types of Splashbacks depending on the product used. They are:
There was a time when Tiles were the most common product being used in Splashbacks but due to low options in color and material, they disappeared from the market. But thanks to range of colors, pattern and materials, Tiles are now seeing a big comeback. Another reason for their comeback may be their cost, as they are low priced and easy to install.
Toughened glass splashbacks are the most popular splashbacks at the moment. They are easy to clean and have unlimited color options. The glass used is toughened so the glass can withstand any shock and heat from the cooktops. Another reason to use toughened glass is safety; as if it gets broken it crumbles into small granular pieces instead of sharp objects. There are unlimited colors to choose from. You can choose coloured glass splashbacks depending on the color of wall and your likes. For kitchen glass splashbacks is the most popular type. Instead of glass you can also have your digitally printed image at the back of the glass.
Mirror splashbacks are reflective glass splashback suitable for using in wet areas like kitchens and bathroom. They are gradually becoming very popular choice. A mirror splashback is a reflective glass splashback that is suitable for using in kitchens and other wet areas. They are made from toughened glass and are corrosion free. They are water and steam resistant and are available in different colours including silver, smoke, bronze and graphite.
Acrylic splashbacks are one of the most cost effective splashbacks which gives the illusion of glass and with installation you could go for a DIY option. One of the major problems with Acrylic splashbacks is they cannot be installed directly behind cooktops. You can use toughened glass or stainless steel plates as additional protection. Acrylic splashbacks are easy to install and no specialised tools are required.
Stone can also be used as splashback material. It’s uncommon in Australia but very popular in Europe and Asia. The stone comes in wide variety of colors and texture. Stone is shock and heat proof and gives elegant look in the kitchen. Stone cutting may need special tools so it’s advisable to seek professional’s help while installations.
You will find many people who love pressed metal splashbacks. Pressed metal comes with many different patterns and can be installed in almost any kitchen. Pressed metal splashbacks are usually made up of Aluminium alloy which won't rust. They are easy to install and the installation can be done on DIY basis. The pressed metal sheets can be painted in any color to match your kitchen.
Stainless steel splashbacks are most common in commercial kitchens. It gives a contemporary industrial feel to a kitchen. It's hygienic and highly durable which makes it best option for commercial kitchens. You can install stainless steel splashbacks by yourself. You can buy stainless steel sheets from the store and cut it to the size with no specialised tools. Stainless steel splashbacks are also used in combination of acrylic or tiles splashbacks.
Splashbacks are essentials in kitchens and wet areas and improve the look and feel of the surroundings. They are now being used in other parts of home like bathrooms, bedrooms and lounges. You can inset lights to improve the looks of splashbacks. Splashbacks are widely used in kitchens because they are safe and hygienic. They are designed to be oil, water and stain resistant. They are also easy to clean and cleaning can be done using a damp cloth.
Andy is a part time writer specialising in home improvements. He loves to share his knowledge on kitchen glass splashbacks and mirror splashbacks.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Choose Dustless Floor Sanding
- The Benefits of Having a Cleaner For Your Home in Middlesbrough
- The Benefits of Having a Cleaner in Carlisle
- The Advantages of Having a Cleaner in Belfast
- The Advantages of Having a Cleaner in Abingdon
- The Advantages of Hiring a Cleaner in Dartford.
- The Advantages of Hiring a Cleaner in Westminster
- The Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Bromley
- The Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Abergavenny
- The Advantages of Hiring a Cleaner in Camden
- The Benefits of Hiring a Cleaner in Sheffield
- The Benefits of Hiring a Cleaner in Fleet
- The Benefits of Having a Cleaner in Thurso
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Haringey
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Cardiff
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Liverpool
- The Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaner in Swansea
- The Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaner in Wellingborough
- The Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaner in Sittingbourne
- The Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaner in Wilmslow
- How Often Should I Have My Carpets Professionally Cleaned?
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Bury
- Discover The Benefits of Having a Domestic Cleaner in Kingston Upon Thames
- The Benefits of Having a Cleaner in Romford
- The Benefits of Having a Cleaner in Edinburgh
- The Benefits of Having a Cleaner in Poole
- Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaning Service in Weybridge
- Tips For Finding a Local Cleaning Service in Bournemouth
- Tips For Finding a Local Cleaning Service in Scarborough
- Carpet Cleaning: Why It's Better to Leave it to the Professionals