Pros and Cons of Replacing a Bathtub with a Shower
- Author Mary Morris
- Published April 4, 2017
- Word count 360
The idea of a calming bubble bath at the end of a stressful day might be appealing; however, how often are we able to indulge and take the time to enjoy our own spa-like bath? For most people, it happens very rarely or not often at all. Some homeowners may consider baths to be a waste since they are not used. Before converting your tub to a shower, consider the pros and cons of this option.
Easier to access. In addition to extra elbow room, larger showers may be handicap accessible; which means that your home may be a place for you to age in place. A large shower, especially those without showers doors, are much easier to access than climbing over the tub.
Turning your bath into a shower can conserve water (depending on the amount of time) and save you money. According to the United State Environmental Protection Agency, "a full bathtub can require up to 70 gallons of water, while taking a 5-minute shower uses only 10 to 25 gallons."
Can add extra square footage to your bathroom. Some showers take up less space than baths, which will free up some of the unused space from a tub.
Converting from a tub to a shower can hinder your resale value. This is especially true if you are converting the only tub in your home. It is a major drawback to families with small children.
Showers have the potential to use more water than a bath depending on the amount of time you spend in the shower. Generally, if your shower lasts longer than 10 minutes it uses more water than a tub. Good news is that the average American takes about an 8 minute shower.
After 30 years of business, Balducci Additions & Remodeling has come to be an expert in bathroom remodels. Large and walk-in showers can provide a spa-like atmosphere. To get inspiration on spa bathrooms, visit this blog post. If you're ready to convert from a bath to a shower, or upgrade your bathroom, give us a call and we would be glad to set up an appointment. Visit us at balducciremodeling.com or call us at 804-730-0982.
Mary Morris, Office Assistant for Balducci Additions and RemodelingArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Approach Removing Asbestos Removal in Sydney
- Professional Carpet Cleaning vs. Do-It-Yourself Methods: Which is Better?
- Installation Tips for Outdoor Lighting Fixtures
- 5 Reasons to Call a Professional Plumber for Drain Cleaning
- Why Smart Home Automation In Cumbernauld Is The Best Home Improvement Installation Absolutely Everyone Needs
- 4 Bathroom Cleaning Mistakes You Didn't Know You Were Making
- Looking For a Maid Service in San Jose? Remember These 5 Important Things
- Preparing Your House For Sale: The Top 4 Benefits of Hiring a Cleaning Service
- Why online bed shopping is better than visiting home furniture store?
- Waste Removal Companies and How to Choose and Use Them
- It's Far Better To Trust The Smart Home Installers In Manchester Than To DIY This Home Improvement Task – Here's Why
- How to Get a Set of Plans for Your Room Addition: The Complete Guide
- How to Choose a General Contractor to Remodel My House: The Ultimate Guide
- How to heat water with solar panel?
- 9 Signs You Need Emergency Plumber In Your Home
- Pavers for your Driveway, Patio or Pool Deck
- Paver Driveways
- 3 Electrical Safety Tips for Your Home
- 10 Beautiful, Inexpensive Bathroom Remodel Ideas
- Home Sauna Installation Guide: How to Do it Like a Pro?
- What is Crystalline Technology and its Benefits?
- How to prevent pet odours from taking over your house?
- 3 Tips For Cleaning A Wood Deck
- Feng Shui - Hocus Pocus Or A Powerful Way To Improve Your Life?
- 6 Ways to Cut Down on Water Waste
- Clearing Your Gutter And Keeping It Functional In Ellesmere Port
- How to choose the right siding contractor in Owensboro, KY
- Why Should You Choose Copper or Brass For Your Kitchen Backsplash?
- 5 Signs You Need to Call a Plumber
- Shingle vs. Metal Roofing: Which One's Better for a Commercial Property?