The History of Brand Identity Web Design
- Author Jessica Taylor
- Published April 28, 2017
- Word count 824
Brand identity is the most important factor in creating a brand. It helps in creating awareness among the consumers about a specific company.
Brand identity web design includes the logo, typeface, color, design and everything else that represents the company in front of the customers. But, how did this began? Understanding the history of brand identity can make us realize its priority in a better way.
Take a look at few points that showcases the history of Brand identity web design:
- The Introduction Of Logos:
There are hardly great logos in the current market. Few claim it’s easier to make a logo while few contradict it. To make an eligible logo one need to be good at typography, symbolism and must have an innovative mind for designs.
Going back to history Logos were driven by these aspects
A logo is not simply a drawing neither a picture. It needs to be complex. During old ages, logos were driven by human expressions that carry symbols resembling visual codes and literary arts.
Mythology and its concept played an important role in logo designing. They helped in communicating effectively as all were able to relate to it easily. In historical period, people’s intrapersonal communication was held through various marks, signs, and symbols. They understood the objectives of these signs non-verbally.
Semiotics is the study of signs and symbols for the purpose of interpretation. People believed in the message of signs and symbols for understanding several aspects of life.
Signs and symbols can take different forms irrespective of any matter. It may be a thing, an image, words, sound, smell, flavor etc.
The origination of symbols is basically evolved through cultural references.
- Cave Paintings and Identifying marks
Before languages, the Stone Age had no words to express its feelings. The Man started displaying his feelings through visuals. The visuals were those that were carved on the walls of several caves.
These cave paintings had a deeper meaning as Man expressed his emotions through this only medium. The expression of emotions through visuals and drawings itself tells us that brand existed from the beginning of humans.
Gradually, the expansion created the Identifying marks. A variety of stamps, signs, symbols and signatures started taking its evolution.
• The orb and the cross theme meant ‘God shall reign over earth’.
• The printer’s trademark resembled a beautiful paradox used as conjunction called ‘make haste slowly’.
• Rembrandt Harmensz van rijn, made authorship in his paintings with a distinctive R.
- Formation of Corporate Identity
As the time passed, the corporate revolution came into existence and within time, they began to develop. The companies realized that dealing with the marks alone isn’t providing an improvement.
Gradually, to compete in the national and the international market they decided to expand. This was how Logos were introduced.
These logos began to symbolize the core purpose and vision of a corporation with impact. Many of them got wider acclaim and began to spread.
Few identity designs began to prevail powerfully. The progress included
• It was a Vienna-based production community of visual arts. The logo displayed Werkstatte’s four elements:
The Werkstätte’s Red rose symbol plus the monogram marks of the Werkstätte, the designer, and the producer.
These standard elements also had the use of the square as a decorative motive, were used to design everything from invoices to wrapping paper.
• Designers like Milton Glaser and Alan Fletcher changed the perspective of graphic identity during the second half of the century.
• Growth in Television Bugs
After print, the logo designing reached over the television emphasizing its mark in various entertainment mediums.
- The Brand evolution
After all these immense improvisation and development the twentieth century began with Brand.
Today, a brand has to showcase its aspect in various mediums to represent the corporation. Even though the logo has a lesser visualization with respect to the brand, it doesn’t stop to create impact.
The businesses started realizing the importance of Logos to create a brand identity in the minds of the people. Therefore, they came out with an innovative representation of their brand through logos. In no time logos became Brands forming an identity in between the people.
• At the initial stages, Brands were considered as things such as products or organization. But now, companies opt to consider services and reputations while forming a brand.
• Slowly, brands have shifted their priority from products to the firm or organization.
• Due to an increased uncertainty in religion and political institutions, the formation of brand is more depended on the individual
• Now, brands try to claim unique functions, attributes, and features to make the process effective.
From the history to the era now, brand identity design Singapore played a major role in communicating intentions.
Considering the path ahead, it’s quite imaginable. Brands are certainly going to be more pervasive. The importance of brand identity may generate value to the companies unbelievably.
There are no posted comments.
- Everything You Need to Know About the Best Software Company in Bangladesh
- make money online during lockdown
- Why you Should Hire a Local SEO Company in Melbourne
- Improve your link building efforts with these effective tactics
- Alternative for a self-ordering kiosk at your restaurant
- Best Modem & Routers for Satellite Internet Connection
- Website Architecture: Things to know before starting your next website design project
- Long-tail Keywords- Why You Need to Focus on Them?
- Manga Rock Shuts Down Due to Piracy and Starts MR Comics
- How To Makes Money Online
- How to remove Malware from your Android Phone?
- Time Now to Bring AI Power to Your eCommerce Business
- JobEnrolls: A safest freelancing platform in Bangladesh
- Is PayPal Right Choice For Your Prestashop Store? 5 Reasons to Justify
- What’s A Board Certified Behavior Analyst?
- Important Steps to Building a Premium Brand
- Machine Learning: All You Need To Know
- Why Should you Hire Professional Services From a Mobile App Development Company?
- Ways to Improve Video Ranking on Youtube
- SEO and AdWords: The right combination for great results
- Data Science Course Fees And Content
- Necessity Of Complete Training For A Probable Analyst
- The Internet of Things Means for Businesses
- The Benefits of Web-Based Systems for Business
- Opt for Professional Web Design Services
- WordPress dot com vs WordPress dot org-The Right Choice for You
- SEO in 2019 - Know What is Trending
- Popular Website Performance Optimisation Techniques
- How to Get Followers on TikTok
- Sanity is Overrated, Build an Internet Business!