Six Wardrobe Staples Every Woman Should Own
- Author Sally Hamilton
- Published May 20, 2017
- Word count 553
Many of us have stood in our closets agonizing over what to wear at some point in our lives. Some of us experience that feeling on a regular basis, even though our closet may be packed with trendy pieces. It may be this focus on trendy items only that makes us have this feeling since these pieces can quickly feel outdated. By investing in these six timeless wardrobe staples, we promise you will always have something to wear.
1. Basic Black Pumps
This shoe made the list because of its extreme versatility. They can be worn with dresses, skirts, and jeans. They look equally great day or night, at both casual and formal events. Be sure to get a high-quality leather pair, in a heel height you can manage. If the heels are too high and uncomfortable, you will be less likely to wear them.
2. Black Evening Dress
There’s a reason why the little black dress has always been a wardrobe staple: it can flatter every figure and can be worn to almost any event. Choose a dress in a flattering fit that you like, but avoid anything too trendy style-wise. The best thing about the LBD is that it can be accessorized in a way to make it work for almost any evening occasion. You can dress it up with jewelry and exquisite heels for a black tie event or dress it down with ballet flats and casual accessories.
3. Black Pants
The right pair of black trousers can be your hardest working piece of clothing. Invest in a good pair in a fit that fits well, and you will have a piece of clothing you can wear with just about anything else. Black is a neutral color, so it goes well with many colors, as far as tops, blazers, and shoes go. This closet staple is also versatile, as it can go from the office to a night on the town with a simple change of top and accessories.
Whether you work in an office or not, every woman still needs a blazer. A well-fitting blazer in a neutral color can pull many outfits together and add polish to more casual items like jeans. The fit is very important when buying a blazer. If you can’t find one that fits, buy one that is a little too big and have it tailored.
5. Silk Blouse
Almost nothing feels better against your skin than pure silk. Few blouses are as flattering and versatile either, as they look great tucked into jeans or worn with a sophisticated skirt. Choose one in a color that you love, or pick several in many different colors. You can’t go wrong with the timeless silk blouse. Just be sure to follow the care directions carefully so that you don’t ruin these beautiful items.
6. Pencil Skirt
This is another item you should have in your closet, even if you don’t work in an office. They look flattering on just about every body type and can be dressed up or down with the right top, shoes, and accessories. They can be worn from anything to a job interview to a PTA meeting, to nice dinner, too. Choose one in a dark neutral, like black or navy, and you will find yourself wearing it all the time.
Sally Hamilton retired from the business world after 41 years as an administrator and human resources manager. She now devotes her time to the fashion world. She has always been an advocate against animal cruelty and hopes that consumers will buy vegan leather and suede to fill their wardrobe instead of buying leather clothing that was made from the killing of live animals. Her website is devoted to vegan hobo purses. http://www.hobopursesandmore.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Summer escapes. Choose the right Jewellery that will remind you forever.
- The Iconic LBD Little Black Dress
- How to Dress For the Seasons
- Do People Prefer Boutique To Larger Stores?
- Best gift ideas in jewelry for her
- What to Wear When Your Workplace’s Dress Code is Smart-Casual
- The Help Guide To Get Shampoo and Conditioner for Synthetic Hair Wigs
- Myths about compression socks
- Beginner Friendly- So What Can I Actually Do To Create My Lace Frontal Closure A Little Tighter: How You Can Tighten A Wig
- Guide to choosing a wedding dress in 2020
- A History Of The Cufflink
- Steps To Make Remy hair Look Real
- Classic wedding dress
- How to Choose a Reliable Tailoring Shop in Bangkok
- How to Find a Decent & Affordable Tailor in Bangkok
- Bespoke Suit Stitching in Bangkok at Never Before Prices
- The Perfect Gothic Coats for winter
- How to live warm and Gothic in winter
- Top 10 Adidas Shoes
- The Rise And Fall, And Rise Again, Of Cufflinks
- Cufflinks – And How To Wear Them
- Bridal shop in London
- The Many Different Ways Men Can Wear Cufflinks
- Long Sleeve Wedding Dresses
- Women and Platform Shoes: Everything From Style, to Fit, and Comfort
- The Rise And Fall, And Rise Again, Of Cufflinks
- Get The Finest Way Of Customization With T-shirt Design Software
- How to wear your good shirt
- Getting your little princess clothes online
- How To Choose A Suitable Swimsuit For Swimming?