The types of siding that are commonly used today
- Author Daniel Foster
- Published June 26, 2017
- Word count 630
For homeowners, upgrading and changing your external wall siding can be somehow frightening and difficult for those who don’t know anything about siding. However, this article was written to provide a solution to this problem by letting you know the various types of siding available so that you can easily pick according to your preference.
Vinyl siding is definitely the most widely used type of siding in America. However, it is attractive, durable, cheap, low maintenance cost and comes in different colors, shapes, and sizes; however, this has made it the most preferred among new homeowners and it is recorded to take over 30% of the siding market share.
It advantages includes Durability, Low installation and maintenance cost, Long life span (over 30 years), Versatility (it comes in different shapes and sizes), Easy to clean (can be clean with ordinary water) and it’s resistant to natural elements (like extreme temperature, hailstones, wind and so on).
These types of sidings are found on modern style type buildings. They’re made of steel and aluminum. However, Metal sidings are usually found in the coastal area because of its ability to protect the house against salty air and because of its flexibility, it can protect your home against damage caused by hails. It’s waterproof, flexible, unhabitable for insect, has high resistivity to fire, it doesn’t fade (like vinyl siding), its resistance to high weather has made it requires little or no maintenance and it is Eco-friendly.
According to its name, it’s usually made with wood. This type of siding, unlike other types, adds a beautiful and natural design to the exteriors of your home. There are different species of wood and this has made it so versatile; however, no matter the species of wood used, it creates a warm and inviting exterior for your home. The wooden siding can be found in the western part of the United States or among homeowners who enjoy the classic and timeless look it has.
Fiber cement siding
Fiber cement siding is the second most popular and widely used siding after vinyl siding. It’s gotten from the mixture of sand, cement, and wood fiber. For this reason, it can be mistaken for a wooden fiber and has characteristics similar to that of vinyl siding. However, some of its advantages include little or no maintenance cost, unhabitable for insects, reduced cost of installation and so on.
The brick siding is an old and the most durable out of all the siding available today. In addition, it provides pleasant, pleasing, elegant and beautiful design to homes. The brick siding is very durable more than the Vinyl siding because it can last more than 100 years without fading if they are properly installed. Also, it can serve as a protection against fire outbreak and it is unhabitable for insects.
The stucco siding is another exterior design that we can find on traditional Spanish homes. They consist of the mixture of lime, sand, and cement. There is two type of stucco designs, the traditional stucco siding requires a 3-coat and the synthetic stucco siding consists exterior insulation and finish.
This is the oldest of all and the first type of siding. It is the most expensive because it requires techniques in its installation. It can be made of real stone or faux stone (stone veneer). Its advantages include it’s matchless and it’s known as the siding’s Rolls-Royce. It’s resistant to moisture, insects, fire and unfavorable weather.
These are the list of the types of siding available. I hope this list enlightens you on the different types of siding that we have and I believe it is now easy to make your selection.
If you have any questions regarding home siding installation or repair in the Puget Sound area, please visit http://www.everettsidingco.com .Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design