Advice From Insurance Brokers, Perth Business Owners Can Use to Avoid Common Claims
- Author Andrew Harding
- Published July 3, 2017
- Word count 471
For small business owners, when things don’t go to plan, it can have a devastating impact on your bottom line. Although you may have planned out protection with your insurance agents, the disruption from a claim can still affect your business. Fortunately, here is some professional advice you can use to avoid common claims.
This is one of the most common issues according to insurance brokers. Perth small business owners can struggle with the devastating effects of theft. The easiest access can be through a glass window or door, but it is also possible for thieves to access your business premises through the ceiling. Although many small business owners can’t afford the high security measures employed by a bug company, there are some steps to minimise theft.
Firstly, you should make sure that you have adequate lighting in and around your building, particularly after business hours. This can be an excellent deterrent against break ins. Additionally, using suitable locks and heavier duty screens can help to more thoroughly secure your premises. To minimise losses, you should also consider using a store safe to hold cash or valuables when you close each day.
Damage From Storms:
Property damage from storms can be frequent, particularly in the turbulent weather in Australia. You may find that you have stock damage, a leaking roof, and other water damage. Additionally, electrical storms can cause power surges that damage electrical equipment and machinery.
To reduce the risk of a storm damage claim, you should ensure that your property is regularly maintained. Drain pipes should be cleaned, and your roof and ceiling should be checked and repaired. Additionally, you should be storm aware. If there is a forecast for a storm, you can alleviate the risk by turning off your equipment and computers at your main power source.
Accidental Computer Damage:
These days, most businesses need their computers to maintain even basic business activities. This means that accidental damage to your business computers can have a devastating effect. Unfortunately, computers are vulnerable to power surges, theft, spills and even falls. Something as simple as a laptop being knocked off a counter can prompt a claim and interrupted business. Fortunately, there are simple precautions to minimise your risk. Computer locks cost very little but can be used to anchor your computer to the surface. Additionally, you may want to invest in sleeves or covers to protect against spill damage. If you have particularly sensitive computer equipment, you may wish to institute a no food or drink rule in its vicinity.
If you are concerned about your coverage and need advice from business insurance brokers, Perth business owners should speak to us. GSK Insurance is a specialist insurance brokers Perth businesses can rely on. We would be delighted to help you ensure that your business is protected.
Andrew Harding is very passionate about journals; he is also a author who writes for Insurance Brokers to Avoid Common Claims.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Anker Soundbuds Life Review
- Looking for a Psychotherapist in San Francisco?
- Politicians Totally Ignore the Only Free Market Solution to America's Economic Crisis!
- Industrial and Decorative Uses Of Copper
- Good Soil Composition is the Key to Low-Maintenance Lawns
- Growing Healthy Tomatoes: Diseases and Fungi Prevention
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Why USD is a Safe Haven During the Crisis
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- How to Trim a Hedge Properly
- The Largest Trees in the UK
- Let Trump keep looking at H-1Bs; there is a much better option for immigrants
- What you should Know about Ubanker Nigeria
- WHEN I DIE TODAY
- Best Eco Tours in Goa - List of Trekking and Nature Activities
- Top 10 BCA college in Kathmandu
- 9 Popular AI Applications to Empower Digital Marketing Efforts of Your Business
- The AI Content Revolution is starting without you!
- Traveler's Guide to Rome
- 5 Places to Watch Weathering With You Online
- Website | Why build for your business?
- Redundancy and Starting Over
- Benefits Found In Dedicated Hosting Solutions
- Forensic guide to WhatsApp data acquisition
- How To Extract Telegram Secret Chats from the iPhone
- What If Everyone Participated on the Ownership Side of the US Economy?
- A photo manager and digital asset manager for creative photography
- TOP 10 games similar to Minecraft