Renovate the Basement to build a Home Gym: Toss the Gym Membership
- Author Chris Dgate
- Published August 26, 2017
- Word count 608
The importance of fitness is more than ever! But most people end up skipping the gym or their morning run. The biggest challenge of maintaining an active lifestyle is to be consistent with your exercise. But, what if the gym came to your home? If you have idle place in the basement of your home, why not use it to meet your fitness goals?
There is a difference between having a couple of weight stacked in the closet and having a fully-functional home gym in the basement. It is not necessary to buy fancy gym equipment to create a workout space in the basement. You just have to work with a couple of elements that will enable you to exercise regularly.
Toss the Gym Membership: Make the Basement your Gym
Why spend money on gym memberships when your home can be your personal workout center? Learn how to design a gym that matches well with your fitness goals and allows you to be consistent.
• The Matters of Space
What is your workout style? Do you go for the treadmill? Or are you a fan of spinning? If your interest lies in weight-lifting along with a couple of Crossfit moves, you will require a large space in the basement. Remember that you can design the home gym according to your workout schedule. So, consider the different types of exercises that you do as well as the different kinds of machines that you will require. It will determine the basic layout of the gym.
• Injury-proof Flooring
The usual concrete floor cannot be used for exercising. It is because you may drop heavy weight on the floor and it will cause damage to it. Also, jumping on a hard floor means it will not absorb the shock and give you knee pain in the near future. It is essential that you consider your exercises and install flooring that absorbs shock and doesn’t let the heavy dumbbells damage the foundation of your home. When it comes to flooring for your home gym, you will find a plenty of options such as rubber flooring, carpet tiles, foam-based flooring and vinyl tiles.
• The Solution to Sweat
Workouts are supposed to make you sweaty. And, the basement is going to smell sweaty and musty because of the home gym. So, you have to take care of the air circulation. Keep the basement well-ventilated to avoid nasty odor. There are several ways to ensure proper ventilation. If there are multiple windows, it will ensure that the basement is airy. If not, consider box fans, floor fans, air conditioning units and dehumidifiers to keep the home gym ventilated. You can even install exhaust fans and humidity sensors to avoid growth of mold and mildew.
• More Tips to build a Motivated Workout Area
For building a motivated powerhouse, focus on the following things:
The Mirror – Install mirrors to ensure correct posture while exercising.
Lighting – Proper lighting fixtures create an energetic atmosphere in the basement.
Paint Colors – Choose bright bold colors to boost your energy level.
Posters – You can hang motivational posters and slogans to keep you motivated throughout your workout.
Music – Good music is essential for a home gym. Buy a good music system and consider installing soundproofing drywall.
"It is too far", "it will be crowded" or "I will be stuck in traffic" – With a gym in the basement, you will be able avoid all the excuses and focus on achieving your fitness goals. So, if you are thinking of giving a new look to the basement, hire an experienced basement renovation contractor to build a home gym and take a step towards building good health.
When you want to renovate basement, you need the expertise of The Home Improvement Group. The GTA-based home renovation company offers basement renovation services such as finishing the basement, basement underpinning as well as painting and waterproofing the area. Get in touch with the company to know transform the basement space beautifully.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating