Evolution in directional boring & drilling
- Author John Doe
- Published August 26, 2017
- Word count 428
Directional Drilling, also known as Horizontal Directional Drilling or HDD, is a drilling, boring, installing or replacing method. It is used to install pipes for different purposes. It can also be called the trenchless method. It is the method of drilling holes by the means of a drilling rig. It is a very modern method and different from the usual time consuming trench methods. It is a widely preferred method as it saves time and drills the surface area or land without disrupting the surrounding buildings or historic structures.
This method is used to install the pipes or cables, such as, of water, gas, sewage pipes, telecommunication cables, electric pipes. It is an environment friendly method. Any type of pipe can be installed with this method, such as, plastic, steel and many more. This method is also used to install the fiber optic cables, which is the new trend in the modern time.
Some of the advantages of the directional drilling are:
It protects the landscape while drilling work. It doesn’t cause any disruptions to the surrounding buildings, roads, rivers, etc.
It is money saving and saves the excavation costs.
It is a safer drilling technique and doesn’t cause any incidents or damages.
The work doesn’t stop by the weather conditions.
It doesn’t cause any traffic jams while drilling under the road.
The work is done quickly.
It can be installed or used in any area and can be said as the flexible method.
A lot of inventions and innovations have been seen in the field of directional drilling over the years. Some of the recent innovations in the drilling industries are:
The Seismic Technique – is the recently used technique, which means to use the energy of the sound to check the formation of the rock, which helps in determining whether there are water, oil or gas bearings. This helps the companies to find the gas and oil reserves.
The Directional Drilling method helps in the controlled deviation of a hole. The well depth can go several feet with this method. It can also be applied in sensitive areas.
Horizontal Drilling is a one step further than the directional drilling. It drills in horizontal direction. It can drill multiple directional drills through just one point.
The Hydro jet technology helps in getting more access to the oil or gas reserves through the already present holes.
These are some of the innovations seen in the directional drilling over the past years. They are helpful and have increased the scope of the HDD throughout the world.
John is a content crafter at We Bore It. He is an avid reader and loves to blog about anything and everything related to directional drilling, boring and trenching.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors Part 2
- 7 Reasons to Choose Tiles for Your Home
- 6 Ways To Redesign Your Home After Covid-19
- Choosing the Right Basin for Your Bathroom
- Electrical Safety Tips & Hazards
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Maintenance Basics for Heat Pumps
- Types Of Humidifiers: Understanding The Pros And Cons
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE MAGNIFYING COSMETIC MIRROR
- Best Random Orbital Sanders for Woodworking
- What Questions to Ask When Choosing the Best Carpenter?
- How To Choose Interior Doors
- How To Size A Space Heater For Your Home
- Roof Replacement- 8 Critical Signs That Show You Need It
- Are You Looking for Remodeling Experts?
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations