Simple and Easy DIY Tips for Removing Dents from Your Car
- Author Gordon Coubrough
- Published September 6, 2017
- Word count 646
One of the most common problems that you are going to face with your car is not the electrical or mechanical kind. Instead, the most common issue is that of dents. In fact, you are likely to get dents in your car no matter where you drive and how careful you are. After all, there are innumerable ways that a car can be dented.
Since you cannot avoid them all the time, it is a good idea to learn the various ways of removing dents from a car. However, keep in mind that these tricks can only be used if the damage is not severe.
Compressed Air and Hair Dryer
This method is suitable when the dent has occurred on the plastic such as the bumpers. It is quite popular as well. In order to remove the dent, you need a can of compressed air and a hair dryer.
Choose the highest temperature setting on the hair dryer. Aim it on the dent. This expands the plastic. As soon as the plastic becomes hot enough, use the compressed air and spray the area. The cold air from the can makes the plastic contract. This results in the dent popping out.
This is another very common method for getting rid of dents. A plunger can actually be quite effective for small dents. Here, you should first apply some water on the dent as well as the plunger. Place the plunger on the top of the dent and start operating it. With a few pushes and pulls, the dent should pop out.
You should ensure that you are using a cup type plunger that is used for sinks. Avoid the flange plungers that are typically used for toilets.
In spite of being made out of plastic, bumpers are incredibly stiff. Of course, they need to be. However, this is also a problem when they get dented. To get around the stiffness, you need to soften the plastic first. This can be easily done with some boiling water. After pouring the boiling hot water, hit the dent from the opposite side to make it pop back out.
You need to remember that the plastic is not going to remain hot for long. Therefore, you need to be quick in your movements. If required, you can ask someone to help you out. Additionally, ensure proper precautions are taken as the boiling water can be dangerous. You can repeat the process as many times as required to get the dent out completely.
It is easy to get dry ice as it is commonly utilised as a cooling agent. It can also be a nifty way to eliminate small dents from the cars. However, while handling dry ice, wear protective gloves. Your safety is important at all times.
Take a piece of dry ice and place it on the top of the dent. Rub the dry ice around the dent. It may take some time but the dent should eventually pop. It is possible that the dry ice may need to be reapplied a few times before the dent pops back out. If it does not seem to be working, you should get a hair dryer. Blow hot air onto the dent with the hair dryer first before applying dry ice.
When to Hire a Professional Company?
Keep in mind that the above techniques are mostly suitable for shallow dents. If the dents are too deep, hire a professional company to sort it out for you. You should also do the same if you do not see any results with the above tricks. After all, you do not want to end up damaging your car further simply to get rid of a dent.
A professional company will have trained staff and specialist tools on hand. As a result, they are more likely to ensure proper dent removal.
To get car dents removed effectively and restore the good looks of your car, hire Dent Devils. Dent Devils is a professional dent removal company that operates all over the United Kingdom. You can reach them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or with a call on +44 (0)1206 751536.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to trade in my car with payments left on the loan?
- Want to Buy a Quality Car? just in a used car
- Which 2019 car do women prefer? According to the Women’s World Car of the Year it’s the Mazda 3.
- Everything you need to know about Car Key Programmers
- What are the Subaru WRX models?
- What Is Fuel Injector Cleaner ?
- How To Remove Overspray From Glass Easily?
- How to Remove Auto Paint Overspray Easily & Effectively?
- 8 Auspicious Car Plate Numbers That Will Bring You Prosperity in 2020
- 4 Things that Affect Your Fuel Economy of Your Car
- Get the Service of Paint Overspray Removal On Car from Specialist Overspray Removal Cleaners
- How to Remove Overspray From Car?
- Remove overspray from plastic with the help of skilled professionals of JLN
- Professionals know how to Remove Overspray From Car Paint, and They know it Best
- Reasons to Rent a Car in Dubai
- Until Recently, We Never Understood The Dangers Of The Internal Combustion Engine
- Charging Times Can Be A Problem For Electric Vehicles
- How To Evaluate A Used Car's Condition
- Aston Martin
- Budgeting Tips for Buying a Car
- The complete guide to buying and selling cars in Dubai
- Best Future Jobs You Should Look Forward To In Automotive Industry
- Historic Racing Crashes That Revolutionised Car Safety
- How Really does Head Up Display Work?
- How to Prevent Car Sickness in Your Mazda MX-5
- How To Use Tire Inflator ?
- What is the Safest Colour for Your Subaru XV?
- A Brief 2018 Mazda 2 Sedan Review
- A Brief 2019 Mazda CX-3 Review
- 3 Tips for the Best Used Carsales: Perth Wa Dealer Advice