Signs That You Need Replacement Windows
- Author Mary Morris
- Published September 4, 2017
- Word count 497
Windows can make up such a huge part of our home's exterior. They provide us with warmth, sunlight, and appealing curb appeal. Unless you have been a homeowner for many years, you probably haven't had a replacement window installed.
While there is no specific answer on how long your windows should last; however, well-maintained windows should last at least 20-25 years. Believe it or not, most window problems can be repaired before a total replacement is required. This includes adding storm windows to help improve energy efficiency, and repairing the caulking and weatherstripping.
Do you think your home needs, or could benefit, from a full window replacement? Here are some signs that it is time to bite the bullet and contact a window replacement contractor:
The idea of increased energy-efficiency is a popular reason why many homeowners will opt for replacement windows. While windows provide our home with light, warmth, and ventilation; however, they can also negatively impact our home's heating and cooling bills. Drafty windows can cause your energy bills to be about 10% to 25% higher. At times, the energy-efficiency of your window can be improved through repairs, such as adding storm windows, repairing caulking and weatherstripping, and adding window treatments. However, at times, it is more cost effective to replace your windows instead of performing repairs. This is especially true if you have very old or inefficient windows. As a bonus, if you are selling your home, having a replacement window can be a major selling point!
Warped, Damaged, or Broken Windows
It may be time to consider replacement windows if your windows are currently warped, damaged, or broken. Some minor issues, such as a problem with the hardware or weatherstripping, can be classified as a repair job. However, larger problems, including a broken, damaged, or warped window sash or frame will almost always need to be replaced.
Less-Than Inviting Curb Appeal
Is your home's curb appeal less than inviting? Windows are one of the most prominent features of the home's exterior. If your windows look worn and dingy, so will your home. While the quality of the replacement window is by far the most important factor to consider, design of the window and how it will work with your home should also be a driving factor in the decision making process. It is important to choose windows that work well with your home's style! After all, it is one of the first things that guests will see on your home.
When hiring a window replacement company to come in and do work on your home, it is imperative to choose a reputable company that will get the job done right and use quality materials. Replacement windows are not a place to cut corners on a home. Choosing the quickest or easiest solution could mean that your windows won't last for the approximated 20-25 year threshold. Instead, another window replacement will be required much sooner, meaning that you won't get your full money's worth.
Mary Morris, Office Assistant for Balducci ExteriorsArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?