How Much Does a Window Replacement Cost?
- Author Mary Morris
- Published September 25, 2017
- Word count 866
What Determines Window Replacement Cost?
Is your home due for a window replacement? Most of the time, it is ok to scrape by with a window repair; however, if you windows get to a point where they do not close, slide open, or lock correctly, it could be time for a window replacement.
Replacement windows have many benefits, including:
Ease of use. Over time, your home's windows are susceptible to swelling. Swelling occurs as moisture sits along the side of your windows, which makes them difficult to open and close. New replacement windows will be easy to operate and will be moisture free. In addition, you will experience little to no drafts since your new professionally installed windows will have a tight seal.
Increased home value. According to the Remodeling 2017 Cost vs. Value Report (www.costvsvalue.com), the national average shows that window replacements can earn up to a 73.9% return on investment. Not only do replacement windows have a high ROI, they can also make your house easier to sell when the time comes.
Help save money. Replacement windows means increased energy efficiency, which can lead to savings on your heating a cooling bills. Every replacement window installed by Balducci Exteriors is guaranteed to meet Energy Efficient standards. According to ENERGY STAR, you can save $126-$465 a year when replacing single-pane windows, or $27-$111 a year when replacing double-pane windows. Eventually, your windows can pay for themselves.
So how much does a window replacement cost? It is difficult to estimate the cost of your window replacement job without first seeing your home. Before a price can be determined, it is important to assess the number of windows on your home, the condition of your windows, the size of your windows, along with several other factors. Here are some factors that will affect your window replacement cost:
Replacement windows come in an endless array of styles to complement your home's architecture and your personal design style. The style of window that you choose can dictate your window replacement cost. Some window styles include casement, awning, double hung, single hung, sliding, bay or bow, and custom. Bay and bow windows are typically more expensive since they require more square footage of glass and have a much more complicated structure.
When choosing windows for a window replacement, another factor that will determine the cost is the material that you choose. Window replacements are available in wood, vinyl, and fiberglass. Each material comes with its own advantages:
Wood: Wood can be cut and customized to any shape. If they are well taken care of, wood windows can last a lifetime. Additionally, they are not susceptible to rust (which is a huge concern in areas with high humidity). While wood windows have a very classic charm to them, homeowners have the option of painting them any color on both the interior and exterior.
Vinyl: Vinyl windows are very affordable since they have a high demand and are mass produced. While vinyl windows are affordable, they are still very durable and resistant to rust and corrosion. One downside of vinyl windows is that it is largely available in white, since there is a likelihood of fading, and it cannot be painted.
Fiberglass: While fiberglass windows currently do not make up a large part of the market, there has been an increase in popularity in recent years. Fiberglass replacement windows are extremely durable and require no maintenance. A huge benefit of fiberglass is that it is made of spun glass fibers that react to temperature changes in a similar fashion to glass panes, which makes the weatherstripping more airtight. The biggest drawback with fiberglass windows is that they are much pricier than wood or vinyl counterparts.
Replacement windows can also come with optional features, similar to the extra bells and whistles on a new car. These optional features include accessories such as window grilles, artistic glass, and special hardware. While these features may not be an absolute necessity, they can help to bring some aesthetically pleasing details into your home.
Size of the Project and Product
Do you only need a couple of replacement windows? Or do you need a whole house window replacement? What are the size of the windows that you chose? As you may have guessed, larger windows will cost more. Additionally, if you choose to install an oversized window where a smaller window was once located, the cost will have to be increased since the installation is much more complicated.
As you can see, there are many factors that contribute to a window replacement cost. These factors include: style, material, optional features, and the size of the project and product. However, there are some other additional factors that will determine the window replacement cost, including your geographic location. While the cost of window replacement may be overwhelming, replacement windows can increase your home value and help you save money on your energy bills. If you have any questions about types replacement windows or costs associated with a window replacement, feel free to contact us.
© 2017 Hanley Wood Media Inc. Complete data from the Remodeling
2017 Cost vs. Value Report can be downloaded free at www.costvsvalue.com.
Mary Morris, Office Assistant for Balducci Additions and RemodelingArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews