Screen Room or Sun Room: How to Choose
- Author Jericho Pineda
- Published August 31, 2017
- Word count 400
Regardless of where you live, it’s likely that you want to make the most of your home’s outdoor space. Intense climates with scorching summers and freezing winters make it difficult to enjoy being outside. In addition to weather, mosquitos, flies and other pests often send people right back indoors. People are looking for ways to enjoy being outside without its nuisances. Sunrooms are an excellent solution.
The addition of a sunroom creates a middle ground between being indoors and outdoors. Though there are variations of each, the two main types of sunrooms are those with glass paned walls and those with screened walls. Both sun and screen rooms allow you to be outside while offering you varying amounts of protection from insects and weather.
Screen rooms are the most basic and inexpensive form of a sunroom. Built onto decks or porches, the walls of a screen room protect people from insects and other pests. An enclosed roof offers shade from the sun and a cover from the rain, but for the most part, screen rooms are subject to temperatures and weather. While they can’t be temperature controlled, screen rooms can come with electricity for lighting and ceiling fans. Screen rooms are most enjoyed when the weather is comfortable.
Stepping up from a screen room, a traditional glass paned sunroom offers considerably more. Basic sunrooms provide protection from rain, snow and wind and increased protection from temperature. Electricity for ceiling fans and lighting are available as well as full temperature control for higher end models. Because they are less subject to weather, sunrooms can be enjoyed during more parts of the year.
Like a typical room addition, sunrooms are a construction project. Before anything can begin, a plan must be made and building permits obtained. Once that’s in order, a foundation can be laid, walls put up and roof placed on top. With the installation completed, sun and screen rooms become a permanent addition to a home.
Whether you opt for a simple screened version or an advanced glass paned one, sunrooms are a great addition to any home. Every sunroom adds valuable and usable living space to a home. Sunrooms make excellent home offices, game rooms or art studios. The natural light of the sun with protection from insects and weather make sunrooms the perfect place to entertain guests, enjoy breakfast, or simply kick back relax.
If you are looking to install a screen room in Tennessee then Diversified Enclosures should be your first call. They have been installing sun and screen room as well as aluminum handrails in Knoxville for many years.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?