4 Top Tips for a Better Kitchen: Designers Perth Wa Professional Advice
- Author Adam Ekitchens
- Published October 5, 2017
- Word count 502
Traditionally, the kitchen has always been the heart of any home; a place to nourish your family and friends. The modern kitchen can still fulfill this role, but careful planning and design is needed, to ensure that the kitchen can be both functional and beautiful. These days, a kitchen can add significant value to a home and it must always be approached as an investment. Here are four tops tips to create a better kitchen that will be a joy to use and increase the sales potential of your home.
- Wide Walkways
Wherever possible, make the walkways in your kitchen as wide as you can. A kitchen is a high traffic area in your home, and additional space is always welcome. The paths into and through your kitchen should be at least 92 cm wide. The paths in and around the cooking zone should be at least 106 cm wide in a single cook kitchen and 122 cm wide in a double cooking configuration. When you plan out your kitchen, bear these measurements in mind and place any kitchen islands accordingly.
- Watch Those Corners
In order to make sure your appliance and cabinet doors will work as intended, space must be planned for their clearance. There must be enough room for clearance and to keep the swing direction clear in your kitchen design. Appliances should not be located in corners and care should be exercised to ensure that cabinet doors cannot bang into each other if they are open/opened at the same time.
- Establish the Function of Your Island
A kitchen island or peninsula is a fantastic way to add functionality and a touch of class. However, many people don’t have a clear idea of how their kitchen island is going to be used when designing and an opportunity is wasted. The function of the kitchen island should be clear. Will it be used for cooking on? Is the primary function an additional eating space? If the island will be used for both eating and cooking, sufficient space must be left between the areas for safety.
- Knife Storage
Many professional kitchens store their knives and other sharp implements on magnetic strips that are placed near the backsplash. In a domestic kitchen, this looks fantastic, but it’s also very practical from a safety aspect. The right knife for the job at hand can be located quickly and easy without scrabbling through a drawer. Also, the knives are located safely out of the reach of very small children.
If you’re looking for new kitchen designs to use in your homes, visit us at Ekitchens. We have a diverse selection of kitchens to choose from that showcase the best in contemporary interior kitchen design. Our kitchens are bespoke, to meet your exact needs, we don’t deal in modular designs, and we care about the exact need of our customers. Our sales advisors are standing by to discuss your needs in greater detail, and we look forward to addressing any further queries you have.
Adam is a writer who writes about kitchen designers perth waArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating