In the Market for a New Patio? Follow these Painless Tips!
- Author John Chapman
- Published November 4, 2017
- Word count 509
Patios are an essential lifestyle accessory for all Australians.
We are blessed with a fantastic climate, so what better way to make the most of the Great Outdoors than by spending time relaxing, cooking, and entertaining on our patio.
A patio allows you to extend your living area. Patios offer protection from the sun and a pleasant place to chill out. Most homes have one, but if your patio has seen better days or you would like to extend an existing patio, read on for some helpful tips to ensure the process runs smoothly.
Design Your Dream Patio
It is essential that you take your time during the design process. Think about the type of patio you want and how much you can afford to spend. There are a ton of different designs and materials available, from flat patios, dome and raised roof patios, to pyramid, skillion, and insulated patios. Each design has its advantages and disadvantages, so do some research and come up with a few designs.
Check out your friend’s patio or browse photos on Pinterest.
The internet makes it incredibly easy to view amazing patio designs. Each time you see a style of patio you like, save a photo and stick it in a notebook. This will help your patio designer better understand exactly what you want in the finished product.
Select a Contractor
Ask friends and family for a recommendation or call a few local patio companies. Speak to their representatives and get a feel for the type of work they do. Check out finished projects and read reviews online. If you are not happy with the service, move on to another company. It’s important that you feel comfortable with whatever company you select to do the job.
When you have a contract in place, read the terms and conditions thoroughly. Does the contractor offer a warranty or building insurance policy? Do they have the correct licences? Find out now before you go ahead with the work.
Approve the Final Plan
Once your contractor has produced a final plan, check it and make sure everything you have discussed is included in the plan, especially if you have made numerous alternations during the design process.
Monitor the Building Work
Keep a close eye on the building work as it progresses. It is customary to make stage payments, but before you release a payment, make sure the work to date is up to standard and there are no defects. If you have any issues with the project team, contact the patio building company and request that the issue is resolved. If you or the company makes changes to the final plan, all changes should be signed off by both parties.
Once work on your patio is complete, inspect the site for defects and notify the company in writing if you find any. Do not make the final payment until defects are rectified to your satisfaction.
Follow the above tips and you can look forward to spending time enjoying your new outdoor living space.
John Chapman is the owner of First Choice Patios in Perth.
Building beautiful outdoor spaces for homes around Perth, he is passionate about outdoor living and adding that extra something to the family home.
First Choice Patios understands the hard work involved in creating the great investment that is your family home.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Solar Panel Installations are Good for the Environment?
- What You Must Consider Before Hiring Your Next Emergency Locksmith
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors Part 2
- Locksmith Friendswood Texas
- 7 Reasons to Choose Tiles for Your Home
- 6 Ways To Redesign Your Home After Covid-19
- Choosing the Right Basin for Your Bathroom
- Electrical Safety Tips & Hazards
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Maintenance Basics for Heat Pumps
- Types Of Humidifiers: Understanding The Pros And Cons
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE MAGNIFYING COSMETIC MIRROR
- Best Random Orbital Sanders for Woodworking
- What Questions to Ask When Choosing the Best Carpenter?
- How To Choose Interior Doors
- How To Size A Space Heater For Your Home
- Roof Replacement- 8 Critical Signs That Show You Need It
- Are You Looking for Remodeling Experts?
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture