A Guide to Getting Rid of Wasps in Australia
- Author Dan Mitroi
- Published November 7, 2017
- Word count 492
Are you dealing with an invasion of wasps on your property? You probably already know that wasps can be an aggressive pest so you should be careful about tackling them or removing their nests. The sting of the wasp is painful and their venom can cause allergic reactions in certain people. If you have wasps, it is possible that you are dealing with hundreds or even thousands of insects that could create serious problems.
In Australia, you are most likely to encounter the English and European species of wasps. Both types have a rather painful sting. Additionally, you might also encounter paper wasps, which will usually build their nests in trees, on the underside of leaves or branches. The paper wasps are less aggressive than the English and European wasps. Another type of wasps that can be found in Australia is the mud wasps which are not aggressive at all and are less likely to create problems.
If you want to know how to identify the English and European wasps, you should know what these creatures have a hairless slender body and yellow and black stripes. The most active time of the year of these wasps in the spring because that is when their Queen lays eggs. The eggs that hatch will peak in summer and be active until late fall. All worker wasps will die off during winter but their Queen will survive. The diet of the wasps consists mostly of tiny insects and sugary fruit.
If you happen to come across a large number of wasps near your house, the best thing to do is identify the issue as soon as possible. As time passes, the wasp nest can increase in size and can become a bigger issue. Social wasps can synchronize their attacks if their nests are disturbed, so the specialists behind Bricks + Agent recommend hiring a professional contractor to do the job for you. A person who is specialized in pest control will have the necessary experience, training, and safety equipment to deal with a colony of wasps.
Sometimes wasps will move their nest or give it up if it becomes too accessible or too inaccessible. Therefore, there are several ways in which people can deal with this type of pest. However, before trying any of these techniques, the first step must be identifying the location of the nest. The most common techniques used by pest control specialists are using insecticides or wasp traps for smaller nests.
In order to avoid any risks while having a wasp invasion, make sure you follow these steps:
You should never try to relocate or move a nest without safety gear.
Make sure there are no standing water sources on your property.
Keep all trash cans and rubbish bins closed.
Pick up any fallen fruit.
Repair any openings or cracks in your house’s
structure, in the walls, or in the roof.
Hire a specialist to help you get rid of them.
I am a writer currently interested in writing about home improvement techniques and property management.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know