Log Cabin Decorating-Not Just For The Country or Wilderness Living Anymore
- Author Bonnie Hart
- Published February 5, 2018
- Word count 583
Log cabin decor isn't just for cabins or log homes anymore which may explain the rise in its popularity. You don't need to live in the country or wilderness to bring a warm, comfy feel inside. With its simplicity and beauty, this style can fit well into any home. Using the wide variety of furniture and accessories available today, you can bring the charm and homey feeling to every room.
An important element in getting that rustic log home feeling is wood. There are wood floors, of course, but you can also generate that warmth with wood on the walls or even a wood ceiling since many homes today have high ceilings. There are lots of different kinds of wood used for interior decorating. Reclaimed barn wood is huge right now but you should also look at pine, maple, hickory, oak, aspen, cherry or even red cedar. There are also different finishes to consider, from smooth and polished to worn and a little scuffed looking.
When choosing furniture for your space, look for pieces you would find in a mountain cabin. Things that are earthy and woodsy. Large upholstered sofas in fabrics of earth tones and roomy oversized chairs in worn-looking leather can bring a homey and cozy feel to your room. Coffee tables, end tables or kitchen tables that are made from the woods used in log cabin decor will fit right in. For bedrooms, you will create an inviting look and feel by using log beds with thick quilts and large colorful pillows. Add a log dresser and bed side tables with soft lighting and you'll have a room that is relaxing and tranquil.
Lighting is a key element in creating ambiance in your home. With high ceilings, a large chandelier would be the perfect way to make a statement in either your living room or the entry way. To compliment your rustic look, incorporate some table lamps or floor lamps made from wood or metal. Wall sconces add perfect lighting for that comfortable cabin feel. Elk antlers and deer antlers are now very popular in decorative lighting and have a wonderful look.
There really aren't many colors that don't work with the log cabin look. Mix and match with hues of creamy yellows, woodsy greens and browns, burnt oranges, deep reds and rich purples. Fabrics with floral patterns, solid colors or tartans fit in perfectly. Bring these colors in with your window treatments, rugs, pillows, throw blankets and artwork. Window treatments such as curtains or sheers should be simple. Or put in some beautiful wood blinds. Rugs will add an abundance of texture and warmth to any room. Scatter around some natural fiber woven rugs or find an oriental rug in rich colors to anchor a room.
Log cabin decorating should not stop with the furniture. You should also take into account your walls. Artwork, wall hangings and mirrors all help tie a room together. And don't forget about all the accessories that add a little character. Think fishing lures, fishing creels, old snow shoes, duck decoys - pretty much anything that reflects the character of a log cabin. Remember the antler lighting? Antlers can be incorporated in lots of different accessories or simply hang them on the wall for a truly natural decoration.
So, use your imagination and put your creative juices to work and bring Mother Nature's beauty into your home with log cabin decor. You will have a home or room that is comfortable, inviting and beautiful.
Bonnie Hart has always loved nature and enjoys bringing that love of the outdoors into homes by decorating with log cabin decor. She helps run the website [http://www.cozylogcabindecor.com](http://www.cozylogcabindecor.com). Visit their website today!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests