10 Ways to Boost Facebook Engagement and Improve Newsfeed Exposure
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published March 4, 2018
- Word count 803
The latest Facebook update has changed the rules of the social media game once again.
Businesses who once relied on exposure in their business page follower’s newsfeed are now struggling to have any of their page posts appear at all. This is due to Facebook now looking at the business page post’s engagement to determine how many followers get to see the post in their newsfeed.
As a result, this algorithm change is forcing entrepreneurs and business owners to look at creative ways to boost engagement and improve their newsfeed exposure.
Have you seen a decrease in your views and reach on your Facebook business page? Are you looking for ways to get people to engage more with your posts?
If so, then it’s time to get more strategic with your posts and always be posting with the intention of garnering likes, shares and most importantly, comments with each post.
Here are Ten Strategies to Boost Your Facebook Engagement:
- Follow Up on a Popular Post
Review your Facebook statistics in the Insights area and look for posts that received a high engagement in the past. Make note of that post’s topic and create a new follow up post on the same subject.
- Power Up with Pictures
Posting an image that grabs your follower’s attention works. Always be thinking about how you can tell a visual story with your post. Your phone’s camera makes it easy to snap and post a quick shot.
Always be thinking about how you can share what you are doing visually with your audience and ask leading questions to garner a discussion thread.
- Timing is Everything
Posting a juicy post at a time when no one is online is worthless. Make the most of your posts by viewing your Facebook Insights stats to see when your audience is online.
Many users are most active in the evening after work but not always. Your Insights will tell you the real story as to when it’s the best time to post. Your goal is to post when you have the most eyeballs for viewership.
- Connect Using Facebook Live
Video gives fans an incredible feeling of connection with you. Create a consistent schedule and do regular Facebook Live shows.
Shoot weekly tips. Offer live Q&A sessions. Do live "how to" segments. Or share spontaneous videos of your travels and events you attend.
- Create Content that Resonates
It’s vital you create posts that resonate and appeal to your ideal target market. Do this by paying attention to the questions your audience asks. Follow top influencers to see their insights about your field. Research topics covered in best-selling books in your industry on Amazon. Ask your audience what the biggest questions and challenges are that they have about your subject matter.
A great tool to use is Buzzsumo. Search for keywords that are relevant to your industry and it will show you the most shared content related to that phrase/keyword on social media.
- Generate Anticipation
Give your audience teasers about exciting things you will be posting in the future. Help develop a hunger and curiosity that has them looking forward to your posts.
Getting ready to launch your new website, book or program? Build some buzz of anticipation that leads up to the big reveal.
- Keep the Conversation Going
Closely monitor replies on your posts and do what you can to continue the conversation. Offer personal replies that shows you listen and respond. Ask questions to deepen the discussion.
- Be Authentic
When you truly open yourself to your audience they feel closer to you. Be vulnerable. Show your warts. Admit to your mistakes. Celebrate with them. Let your tribe feel like an important part of your family in all you experience.
- Ask for Engagement
Questions spark dialogue. Post a question that begs a response from your audience. What do you think about BLANK? What experiences have you had? What is your opinion? What is your favourite BLANK? What are your thoughts on this?
People love sharing their feelings when asked. Find creative ways to ask leading questions that require more than just a "yes" or "no" response but not too deep that will prevent any response at all.
- Create Viral-Worthy Content
If you study memes and shareworthy posts, they all share a common thread: they are either funny, informative, cute, powerful, thought provoking, or emotional that your audience relates too.
Dare to think outside the box and create your own memes. Look at popular memes and see how you can do your own take on it. You never know when your post will be a winner that goes viral or "breaks the Internet".
Try these 10 strategies and watch your Facebook page fan engagement soar! What tactics have helped you to increase engagement on Facebook?
Susan Friesen, founder of the award-winning web development and digital marketing firm eVision Media, is a Web Specialist, Business & Marketing Consultant, and Social Media Advisor. She works with entrepreneurs who struggle with having the lack of knowledge, skill and support needed to create their online business presence.
Visit www.ultimatewebsiteguide.caArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The History of Link Building
- Ten Words That Meant Different In a Pre-Internet World than Now
- 3 Amazing Facts About Paraphrasing Tool
- The Story of HoookedUP: The Social Media App that focuses on being a Helping Hand
- 5G to the rescue! - who is going to benefit from it the most?
- How to reset iCloud account if forgot password?
- Everything You Need to Know About the Best Software Company in Bangladesh
- make money online during lockdown
- Why you Should Hire a Local SEO Company in Melbourne
- Improve your link building efforts with these effective tactics
- Alternative for a self-ordering kiosk at your restaurant
- Best Modem & Routers for Satellite Internet Connection
- Website Architecture: Things to know before starting your next website design project
- Long-tail Keywords- Why You Need to Focus on Them?
- Manga Rock Shuts Down Due to Piracy and Starts MR Comics
- How To Makes Money Online
- How to remove Malware from your Android Phone?
- Time Now to Bring AI Power to Your eCommerce Business
- JobEnrolls: A safest freelancing platform in Bangladesh
- Is PayPal Right Choice For Your Prestashop Store? 5 Reasons to Justify
- What’s A Board Certified Behavior Analyst?
- Important Steps to Building a Premium Brand
- Machine Learning: All You Need To Know
- Why Should you Hire Professional Services From a Mobile App Development Company?
- Ways to Improve Video Ranking on Youtube
- SEO and AdWords: The right combination for great results
- Data Science Course Fees And Content
- Necessity Of Complete Training For A Probable Analyst
- The Internet of Things Means for Businesses
- The Benefits of Web-Based Systems for Business