Home Decorating for the Beginner
- Author Malory Steele
- Published February 28, 2018
- Word count 704
Buying a new home or just sprucing up rooms in an old one can be very exciting. Home decorating comes natural for some; finding countless ways to inject their personality into the rooms of their home. For others, it can be a stressful experience. Whether you love it or hate it, here are some tips for the beginner.
Before beginning your project, think about how you will use the room. For example, in the bedroom obviously you will have the bed; however, will you select a lovely armoire to become a central point for the room or will you need to spare a large area for your work out equipment? Will you use your dining room for formal entertaining or will you turn it into the home office? If you are decorating your family room, is your entertainment area going to be huge or will a pool table occupy most of the room? It is always helpful to make a floor plan for each room before actually getting started. Measure the room so that when picking out your furniture you will have enough space to fit all of your selections.
Next, think about how often you plan to use the room. This will help you in deciding the amount you will spend for your decorating project, the colors to use, and the pieces of furniture you will need. If you are on a tight budget; you will spend less on the guest room, which will only be used once in a while, compared to what you will pay for a master bedroom which you will use every day. Also the guest room can be a great place to try out bold shades, extravagant items, and different design. However, a master bedroom needs to be done in a color that is familiar and soothing; while including furniture that is practical and useful.
Often, we want to decorate our home using our favorite color. Depending on the color, you probably aren't going to use that color to paint an entire room. However, you can use your favorite color to accent any room in your house. Using paintings, flowers, towels, and multi-colored accent pieces will bring that desired hue to any room. Adding pillows and area rugs to your decor will not only give your room color, but will also add comfort. Accents will help your favorite color stand out and will become the focal point of your room.
Another thing to consider when choosing colors for your room is what feeling do you want your space to express? Warm colors like red, orange, and yellow will create a cheerful mood;and cool colors like blue, green, and violet tend to be more relaxed or calming. If your space has dark corners or shaded light throughout the day, you should choose colors that make the area bright, even on very dark days.
When you consider interior design, you should view your home as a totality instead of attempting to decorate every room with unique colors and themes. Make an effort to have the same theme or style in all of your rooms. You can make your rooms uniform by forming a color scheme. Select three or four colors then utilize them in different ways all over the house.
If your room gets direct sunlight all through the day, your window decor is a great way to make your room pop while helping to control the light. You definitely want your window decor to be functional. Whether you are adding elegant draperies, simple fabrics, or shades; the window decor will make a great, eye-catching decorative piece. Alternatively, decorative lamps will add the artificial light your room might need.
When decorating a room, often the big wall space becomes intimidating. Adding wall decor like a big clock, a painting, family pictures, or many other decor can take a boring space and bring it to life. With a little imagination your wall can be transformed from a dull wall.
These tips for the beginner are just the first step toward creating a home that expresses your personality and style. Once you get started, you will come up with your own ideas and will soon have the home of your dreams.
Malory Steele has always been interested in interior design and home decor. She currently helps run a website where they sell modern wall decor. You can visit their site at [http://www.BestModernWallDecor.com](http://www.BestModernWallDecor.com). Shop their site today!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests