Is James Hardie Siding Worth The Investment?
- Author Mary Morris
- Published April 1, 2018
- Word count 619
By now, I'm sure that many of you have heard the craze of James Hardie's fiber cement siding that mimics the look of real wood. While fiber cement has been around for many years, it has just recently spiked in popularity. What makes James Hardie's fiber cement siding so special?
James Hardie Siding
First off, James Hardie is a well-known and trusted name in residential construction and remodeling. They are headquartered in Amsterdam with operations in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, and Europe. James Hardie values innovation and research in the pursuit to create quality products for your home.
James Hardie’s fiber cement siding is one of the most durable siding options on the market today. What is fiber cement, exactly? Fiber cement is composed of four elements: water, wood pulp, fly ash, and portland cement. The combination of these materials results in a high quality siding product.
Advantages of James Hardie Siding
When it comes to James Hardie's fiber cement siding, there is a long list of benefits. Some of the advantages include:
Extremely Durable. Hardie Board siding is very durable and is unlikely to peel, fade, or rot. As a bonus, most Hardie Board comes with a 50 year limited warranty.
Beautiful Appearance. Fiber cement siding is a beautiful option for any home exterior and exudes the timeless look of wood siding, without the upkeep. As a bonus, James Hardie offers several styles of Hardie Board to mimic the look of wood lap boards, cedar shingles, and wood shaker siding. James Hardie is also available in many colors to suit any home.
Low-Maintenance. Since James Hardie in resistant against harsh weather, rotting, warping, and more, this means you'll save money long-term on repairs and maintenance. Also, on average, vinyl siding has a paint lifespan of 5 to 7 years. On the other hand, James Hardie's paint lifespan is about 3x that due to the company's ColorPlus® Technology.
Fire Resistance. Since Hardie Board is primarily made up of sand and cement it is more fire resistant. Vinyl siding is prone to feed flames and, as we know, wood is extremely combustible.
Storm Resistance. According to James Hardie's website, "James Hardie siding and trim products provide more protection than wood from wet and freezing conditions as well as hot, humid weather."
Return on Investment
While we know fiber cement siding has many advantages, the biggest drawback is its high price tag. According to sidingcost.org, "For a typical American home, the average total cost can range from $8,000 and $20,000 for standard vinyl siding. — Compare that to fiber cement which on the same home will cost $14,000 to $28,000 for full installation." So, is James Hardie siding worth the extra cost?
Although James Hardie siding comes with a hefty price tag, it is important to consider the average return on investment instead of solely looking at the price. This will help to determine whether the fiber cement siding is worth the investment. According to Remodeling Magazine, fiber cement siding replacement has been consistently ranked as the #1 return on investment from 2009-2015. Additionally, "100% of homeowners responding to the "Report" said they were happy or satisfied with the result of their fiber-cement siding replacement project."
James Hardie's fiber cement siding is a great choice for many homes since it can drastically improve the curb appeal and increase home value. Overall, James Hardie is a great investment for those looking for a long-lasting and low-maintenance siding material. It is important to properly maintain your James Hardie siding products to prolong its long lifespan and get the biggest bang for your buck.
Need more information on James Hardie products for your home? Feel free to contact Balducci Exteriors to set up an appointment for a free estimate.
Mary Morris, Office Assistant for Balducci Additions and RemodelingArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?