Everything You Need to Know about Breadcrumbs in Google SEO
- Author William Jame
- Published May 3, 2018
- Word count 524
In the mega busy world of search engine optimization, breadcrumbs are currently receiving a lot of notoriety as being the new ranking factor that allows websites to gain more online traffic. Here is everything you need to know about breadcrumbs in Google SEO.
What are Breadcrumbs?
To those new to Breadcrumbs, they are a type of search engine navigation structure which informs an online visitor about the main webpage and its various sub-categories available for browsing. Breadcrumbs are essentially a group of links which is also referred to as a Breadcrumb Trail. These links are usually placed below the main heading of any webpage that gets ranked on Google and direct online visitors to respective pages of a website. These pages are known as the categories and sub-categories where visitors would find a lot of other information such as a website’s products, services, customer service, contact information, price list, and many more.
Types of Breadcrumbs
In the past, people had to navigate through entire websites before being able to buy a product or a service. Breadcrumbs make life easier for those navigating the web as they automatically link people to specific webpages without having to navigate a website. Currently there are three types of breadcrumbs being utilized in SEO today. These types are:
Location-based. Directs online visitors to the various pages located within the website.
Attribute-based. Best used for e-commerce websites as they show the trail of attributes online users are looking for within a specific product or item.
Path-based. Much like a sitemap, path-based breadcrumbs allow online visitors to view the entire navigational path they traveled to arrive at a specific webpage.
Advantages of using Breadcrumbs
Because navigating the web is becoming more and more complex, Breadcrumbs are actually contributing to better SEO. It leaves a trail of many advantages for those utilizing SEO.Among those are:
Indexing of inner webpages within a website. Most websites have a multitude of pages which are not linked from any part of the website except the archives. A well-linked website helps the search engine to easily navigate until the last level of a website. From here, the search engine is able to index their keywords in an orderly manner. This allows for an easier navigating experience.
Interlinking and entire website thoroughly. Using Breadcrumb navigation in your website ensures an effective linking of various webpages. Major search engines such as Google gives a lot of importance to a well-linked website.
Distribution of page rank to all webpages. A well-linked and Well-indexed website helps search engines such as Google to effectively distribute the page rank to the internal webpages. All first level webpages will get a uniformed page rank lower than the main homepage while all second webpages will get ranked lower. All succeeding lower pages will get ranked according to their numbers.
Breadcrumbs in SEO make life easier for website owners as online visitors will be able to find whatever they are looking for in your website within minutes, regardless of where they land. If you are looking to establish an e-commerce website, you may need to consider learning how to utilize this effective SEO tool.
Breadcrumbs in SEO make life easier for website owners as online visitors will be able to find whatever they are looking for in your website within minutes, regardless of where they land. If you are looking to establish an e-commerce website, you may need to consider learning how to utilize this effective SEO tool.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
- How to Use Cyclonis Password Manager Instead of Keychain on iPhone
- Simplify your migration from QuarkXPress to Adobe InDesign
- How To Take Grow Light Help In Indoor Plants
- Introduction to PDF to word conversion on Windows, and Mac
- Bring out the best in your photos with ACDSee Professional photo software
- Want to Become an IT Security Professional?
- Securely erase your data with Active@ ZDelete
- 30 Largest TensorFlow Datasets for Machine Learning
- Types of Cables and Wires Found in Modern Technology
- SAP S/4 HANA – Empowering Manufacturers Driving Digital Transformation
- Business mistakes contact centres make during cloud migration
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- 10 Open Datasets for Linear Regression
- Top 10 Stock Market Datasets for Machine Learning
- Best Image Annotation Tools for Computer Vision
- What To Know About iPad Screen Repair
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- 10 Best Data Annotation Companies for Machine Learning
- 11 Best Named Entity Recognition Tools
- How ADN Helps Crypto Funding Evolve
- The Future of Data Analytics: 5 Predictions for Where We Are Headed
- 10 Data Analytics Terms Every Beginner Should Know
- ADN Coin: Benefits of Holding Our Coin
- Five Benefits of CCTV Cameras That Go Beyond Video Recording
- How to choose your tablet?
- There Is A Lot To Consider When Setting Up A Private Medical Practice
- How Blockchain can Help fight Climate Change and Save the Environment
- Top 20 Twitter Datasets for Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- Best Data Labeling Tools for Machine Learning Projects