If Halloween 6 won Best Picture, in 1996, would mathematics have been decimated?
- Author Thomas H Cullen
- Published April 27, 2018
- Word count 483
In 1996, it was the period biopic Braveheart that won the Academy Award for Best Picture. Being a 1995 release, the sixth instalment in the Halloween franchise Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers was perfectly eligible to be nominated for Best Picture, but it’s also obvious that a Halloween 6 was never going to get nominated anywhere remotely as much as the Mel Gibson film.
It’s an interesting query though: on the assumption, that the Joe Chappelle feature did kick up a firestorm, and developed enough momentum to take it all the way to the 1996 ceremony, what would have actually been the full consequences of Halloween 6 getting nominated and even winning the award for Best Picture?
To someone outside the Hollywood bubble, it seems that any such type of history would have meant social upheaval. Yet even this might not be enough. It’s a commonly known tradition, that genre films are annually discriminated against by the Academy. People to this day use The Dark Knight as an example of when the Academy almost surpassed itself, illustrating just how far the disconnect reaches between the people of the Academy and the general public.
If Halloween 6 (the theatrical cut) had been part of the ceremony, it comes across as reasonable to ponder not just whether society might have upturned, but if the very topic of mathematics would have as well.
For all of its history, Halloween 6 has been a revolutionary film (I must stress at this point that it’s only the theatrical cut of the movie I’m referring to), and therefore it should be nothing but a logical idea to ponder over; however, in actually addressing the idea, it’s the ulterior reality of the idea that Halloween 6 isn’t a weapon against the Academy Awards, but is a weapon for the Academy Awards.
That last point needs to be very carefully clarified: the idea that Halloween 6 would decimate mathematics by winning Best Picture is a means to defend the status quo, even though the DNA of Halloween 6 is as much a backlash to the status quo as perhaps any other movie.
I won’t say I’m surprised, because at the end of the day Halloween 6 deserves that surreal type of identity. Joe Chappelle did the unthinkable, in making Halloween 6; he made not just a competent but outstanding sequel to a long-standing franchise. By 1995, Carpenter’s Halloween was almost 20 years old, and the overall series had already seen quite a bit of evolution.
The theatrical cut, of Halloween The Curse of Michael Myers, is one of the most unique, visceral and evolutionary movies ever made; its story is as much elusive as it is apparent, and its atmosphere speaks to the soul of humanity.
More importantly: Halloween 6 is the alternative for humanity, if humanity ever decides to finally give up on the Academy Awards, and on Hollywood and on society in general
Apart from Halloween 6, favorite movies include Nocturnal Animals, The Sentinel (1977) and Annabelle CreationArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Watch Order: From Start to Finish
- 15 NSFW Anime You Shouldn’t Watch in Public
- How to Watch Boruto in Order
- How to Watch Demon Slayer in Order with Movies: From Start to Finish
- The Ever-Evolving Landscape of Entertainment: From Traditional to Digital
- US actor Allison Mack was released early from prison due to the Nxivm cult.
- Did Dragonheart improve Dennis Quaid's acting skills?
- My Favorite Movie
- One Piece Shirts for Men and Women: A Perfect Gift for Anime Fans
- Best Places to Watch Monster Anime Online
- Who Killed Tanjiro’s Family in Demon Slayer?
- The Wild West: A Look at the Top 5 Classic Western Movies
- Get the best cinema experience
- Where to Watch Spy Family Online
- Where to Watch Pokemon Online
- Superheroes are no longer entertaining
- Where to Watch Movie Streaming and Download TV Episodes
- Determination & hard work pays off
- The Batman: The Greatest CBM Of The Last Ten Years.
- Johnny Depp: His Best Performance Yet!
- Why Godzilla and Kong should have a rematch in GvK 2?
- Review on The Longest Yard 2005 film
- Top 10 Best Prison or Jail Movies of All Time
- “Finding Ola”: We all need a SECOND CHANCE
- Òran na h-Eala (2022)
- Best YouTube Downloader
- Arsalan Malik- the Successful Film Lover with Big Dreams
- Independent Filmmaker and Emmy Winning Sound Studio Attempt to Reimagine the Original Star Wars with a TikTok Style Mashup
- Watch Fairy Tail
- Violet Evergarden Review