The MacBook Pro Family
- Author Khan Mash
- Published May 18, 2018
- Word count 783
In this article, I will talk about Apple’s MacBook Pro family of laptops. I will also discuss all the related facts about these machines like their speed, storage, models and other features.
Apple introduced its MacBook Pro family in 2007. This was a 15 inch MacBook Pro also called Pre-Unibody MacBook Pro in silver color. This machine had old firewire, usb 2.0, Ethernet, dvi etc. input connections. The graphics quality was considered much better then all other non-Apple screens. This machine came with traditional ram, Hard drive and dvd super drive. This was considered a better laptop in the market with one exception; the machine was not supported by many applications in the market. The machine was fast compare to other laptops. It did not have virus problem at all and was user friendly. There was no issue except software compatibility.
Then we saw another family of MacBook Pro, called Unibody MacBook Pro. This was introduced in the year 2008. This machine carried almost everything from the previous family except a few things like aluminum body, The dvi display connector and firewire was replaced with mini thunderbolt connector. They came in two screen sizes, 13" and 15". The battery and the bottom cover was changed. This was physically a strong machine and they added a protection glass on top of the LCD. This mainly came in two versions, a 2008 and 2009. The processors in all these machines were either duo core or core 2 duo. As Intel came with the new family of processors like i3, 5, i7, Apple also introduced new family of MacBook Pro from 2010 to 2012. These again came with traditional hard drive, RAM, dvd super drive and mostly with i5 and i7 processors. They moved the battery inside the machine and changed the battery design. Everything else remained almost the same as the 2008 and 2009 versions. These machines are still the best machines in the market. They are fast, user friendly, secure, innovative, physically strong, better graphics quality, better battery life and they are built for power although they are equally better for both personal and professional use.
In mid of 2012, Apple came up with a new family of MacBook Pro called MacBook Pro Retina both in 13 and 15 inch sizes. This module was completely overhauled. They changed the traditional drive with Apple’s PCIe ssd drive, They integrated the ram into logic board, They changed the battery design, They replaced the regular screen and glass with a one piece glass screen with high resolution of 2880x1800. This is a super high resolution machine. The charger was also changed. In mid 2013, they made slight changes to their MacBook Pro again. The outside looked the same but inside, they changed the battery and they upgraded the hard drive. From 2012 and onward, Apple always made at least 2 versions of the machine. All the machines that were introduced from mid 2012 are even faster from previous families. The main reason is the PCIe ssd drive. These drives have special fast circuitry which makes them the fastest machines on earth these days. Any kind of upgrade is possible in all models from 2006 to mid 2012. For this reason, repair and upgrade is the most common tasks for these machines. Upgrading and installing hard drive with a 2.5 inch ssd makes these machines really fast and efficient. ram upgrade is not an easy task in all MacBook Pro laptops starting from late 2012 and up. It is always best to choose a machine with higher ram at the time of buying, if more ram is needed.
With the introduction of Intel based MacBook Pro In 2006, It was not that popular because of low market share and compatibility issue with majority applications. With the passage of time, more and more apps were written for these new powerful computer laptops. Approximately by 2010, the compatibility situation improved a lot, which gave birth to a great demand for Apple MacBook Pro. Machines from 2006 to 2012 are popular for two reasons. They are physically stronger then the new family and they have dvd super drive. When it comes to repair, parts are comparatively cheaper and are mostly available because the older it is, more machines exist in the market with more parts availability. Older Pro laptops had regular drives while new ones have special ssd drives. The Apple proprietary ssd drives are little expensive than regular 2.5 inch drives because of their great performance. All MacBook Pro laptops are mostly identified by their year of introduction in addition to a common model number. In case of failure of all kinds of these hard drives, data recovery can be performed with the right tools and experience.
In this article, I talked about various families of MacBook Pro laptop with respect to their models, components and their performance.
A+ Certified tech with over 26 years of hardware and software repair and recovery experience
computer data recovery,mac,laptop,ipad repairArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- 10 Open Datasets for Linear Regression
- Top 10 Stock Market Datasets for Machine Learning
- Best Image Annotation Tools for Computer Vision
- What To Know About iPad Screen Repair
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- 10 Best Data Annotation Companies for Machine Learning
- 11 Best Named Entity Recognition Tools
- How ADN Helps Crypto Funding Evolve
- The Future of Data Analytics: 5 Predictions for Where We Are Headed
- 10 Data Analytics Terms Every Beginner Should Know
- ADN Coin: Benefits of Holding Our Coin
- Five Benefits of CCTV Cameras That Go Beyond Video Recording
- How to choose your tablet?
- There Is A Lot To Consider When Setting Up A Private Medical Practice
- How Blockchain can Help fight Climate Change and Save the Environment
- Top 20 Twitter Datasets for Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- Best Data Labeling Tools for Machine Learning Projects
- What is the Difference Between CNN and RNN?
- Get Machine Learning Training Data Using The Lionbridge Method [A How-To Guide]
- What are Image Annotation Services?
- 10 Best Text Annotation Services and Tools
- Do More with a Creative Photo Editor with Facial Recognition
- An overview of Cloud 3d Print’s objectives
- Inside Luxatia 4th World eSIM summit
- 25 Open Datasets for Data Science Projects
- Implement full support for NTFS file systems on Mac
- How Virtual Reality Augmented Reality Change the Gaming Industry
- Why You Must Be Making Use Of a Drawing Tablet
- 5 Computer Vision Companies to Follow in 2020