How to Organise Your Tall Kitchen Cabinets
- Author Adam Smith
- Published July 23, 2018
- Word count 464
You can never have too much space in a kitchen and when you’re planning your renovation, it’s best to give yourself as much cabinet space as possible. When it comes to overhead cabinets, extend them all the way up the ceiling if possible so you’re making full use of all the vertical space. But once you’re generous overhead cabinets are in, how do you make the best use of the storage space? Let’s take a look!
Store rarely used items
Upper cabinets which extend all the way to the ceiling offer more space but there’s always the question of what to put up at the top. Unless you want to be standing on tip toes or using a step stool constantly, make sure items you use often are in easy reach. Reserve the upper shelving for those kitchen items that you don’t want to get rid of but are used only very infrequently. This could include rarely used appliances and special occasion serving ware.
Keep fragile items out of reach
When it comes to organising your upper cabinets, it makes sense that you keep your fragile items out of harm’s way. For this reason, most people store their glassware and mugs in overhead storage. This allows for easy access by adults and also means that little hands can’t get to the expensive wine glasses! Other fragile items such as vases and decanters can also find a home in the upper cabinets.
Consider storing flatware overhead
While most people store their flatware in the lower cabinets, this means you need to crouch down every time you pull out a plate. In many cases, it makes more sense to store your everyday flatware in the overhead cabinets as this allows for easier access. If you like this idea, make sure that you have enough depth in your overhead cabinets to allow for this as they are often shallower than bottom cabinets.
Set up tea and coffee storage
Most people keep a kettle on the bench and even if you’re not into hot beverages yourself, it’s good to have tea and coffee supplies on hand to offer guests. Rather than keeping your tea and coffee in the pantry, it’s often more convenient to keep these items in your overhead cabinet nearest to the coffee mugs. Give it a try and see if you like the idea!
Here at eKitchens, we carry a range of flat pack cabinets to transform your new space. All of our cabinets are made to measure so you have the perfect fit. Our cabinets are supplied using Australian made 16mm High Moisture Resistant Particle board, complete with soft closing hardware. We can also provide your cabinets pre-assembled for a convenient option.
To learn more about our range of tall kitchen cabinets, contact eKitchens today on (08) 9456 3108.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design