Tips for Driving an Auto Skoda Fabia Wagon
- Author Skoda Perth
- Published August 19, 2018
- Word count 491
Automatics have become the most popular choice in the Australian car market, but when you’re considering that auto Skoda Fabia wagon for sale, you may not be aware that incorrect use could cause costly damage. While automatic transmissions have evolved a great deal in recent years, it can still be expensive to repair, so here are some top tips to help you drive an auto correctly.
Come to a Complete Stop Before Selecting Park
There is nothing quite as damaging to the automatic transmission of your Skoda Fabia wagon than putting it into Park before you’ve come to a complete stop. This is where you need to use your brakes, as using the parking pawl of your transmission to try to stop a moving vehicle can cause it to break from the mechanism, allowing broken fragments to circulate through the transmission causing untold damage. Instead, you should use the foot brake to stop the vehicle, set the handbrake and then select Park on the transmission.
Park Isn’t a Parking Brake
There is a reason why your vehicle is equipped with a handbrake. This will stop the wheels from turning and prevent your Fabia from rolling. Your transmission parking pawl is not designed for this stress; it would be like trying to rest the weight of your car on your finger. Your vehicle is equipped with powerful brakes, so use them.
Don’t Change Direction Before You Completely Stop
You should only shift between Drive and Reverse after coming to a complete stop. Relying on your transmission to use an opposing ratio can cause damage to the clutches and bands, creating costly damage. Always use your brakes to stop completely and then select the new ratio, or you could risk disabling your car.
Don’t Shift to Neutral at Lights
If your approaching lights, there really is no reason to shift to neutral. Your torque converter will halt the engine drive, so there is no need to do it manually. Leaving your car in drive also creates less pressure and force to activate the torque converter when you want to move off. Additionally, avoid coasting in Neutral. Some drivers attempt this to save fuel, but it can be highly dangerous. It removes the ability to quickly speed up and may even cause brake fade.
Feed Your Throttle
When you’re moving from a standstill, you should use light throttle pressure to get your Fabia rolling. Avoid applying sudden pressure as it can cause damage. Don’t rev the engine in Neutral, instead select Drive and feed the throttle for steady and safe progress.
If you’re thinking about a Skoda Fabia Wagon for sale in Perth, you should visit us. We have an impressive choice of new and quality pre-owned models including the Skoda Fabia Wagon. Our sales team would be delighted to answer any queries or arrange a test drive of the new Skoda Fabia Wagon for sale.
Automatics have become the most popular choice in the Australian car market, but when you’re considering that auto Skoda Fabia wagon for sale, you may not be aware that incorrect use could cause costly damage. While automatic transmissions have evolved a great deal in recent years, it can still be expensive to repair, so here are some top tips to help you drive an auto correctly.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Import Your Car To Spain
- 7 Reasons for using Private Airport Transfer service over taxi in Singapore
- The Importance of a Trustworthy and Reliable Limousine Service in Singapore
- Why A Prebooked Airport Or Cruise Port Transfer Can Be The Best Option For You?
- Car Fuel Savings
- Guide To Purchase A Pre-Owned BMW
- Reach Local SEO Brisbane for the Best SEO Tips
- How to trade in my car with payments left on the loan?
- Want to Buy a Quality Car? just in a used car
- Which 2019 car do women prefer? According to the Women’s World Car of the Year it’s the Mazda 3.
- Everything you need to know about Car Key Programmers
- What are the Subaru WRX models?
- What Is Fuel Injector Cleaner ?
- How To Remove Overspray From Glass Easily?
- How to Remove Auto Paint Overspray Easily & Effectively?
- 8 Auspicious Car Plate Numbers That Will Bring You Prosperity in 2020
- 4 Things that Affect Your Fuel Economy of Your Car
- Get the Service of Paint Overspray Removal On Car from Specialist Overspray Removal Cleaners
- How to Remove Overspray From Car?
- Remove overspray from plastic with the help of skilled professionals of JLN
- Professionals know how to Remove Overspray From Car Paint, and They know it Best
- Reasons to Rent a Car in Dubai
- Until Recently, We Never Understood The Dangers Of The Internal Combustion Engine
- Charging Times Can Be A Problem For Electric Vehicles
- How To Evaluate A Used Car's Condition
- Aston Martin
- Budgeting Tips for Buying a Car
- The complete guide to buying and selling cars in Dubai
- Best Future Jobs You Should Look Forward To In Automotive Industry
- Historic Racing Crashes That Revolutionised Car Safety