The Skoda Vision X Concept Highlights Potential for the Skoda New Model 2018 and Beyond
- Author Skoda Perth
- Published August 10, 2018
- Word count 447
The Vision X concept has been officially unveiled by Skoda in Geneva, and it looks set to have a massive influence on new Skoda models in the years to come. This concept features a company first hybrid system that includes petrol, electric and natural gas power.
The exterior of the Vision X has a distinct familial resemblance to the new Skoda models. The Vision X looks like a new take on the Kodiaq and Karoq design language. This is obviously intentional, as the concept is a preview of a production SUV that will sit below these two models. The Vision X measures 1807 millimetres wide and 4255 millimetres long, making it the same proportions of the VW T-Roc.
Skoda has stated that the model features compact proportions and "crystalline elements," but what is obvious is the Skoda grille and badge that are backlit and a fashionable split headlight design.
At the back, the Vision X has edgy LED tail lights and a rugged diffuser with sweeping indicators that have an Audi look.
Under the Bonnet
What lies under the bonnet is more impressive than the stunning looks of the Vision X. The concept features a hybrid system that includes two electric motors, compressed natural gas tanks, and a 1.5 litre conventional combustion engine. The combustion engine has been tuned for CNG and sends 96 kW power and 200 Nm torque to the Vision X’s front wheels. Skoda claims that this emits up to 25 percent less CO2 compared to conventional petrol powered cars and also provides a similar reduction in harmful particulates.
Running this Skoda on sustainably sourced fuel will help to cut the well to wheel emissions even further. This could create a situation where the vehicle will be 100 percent carbon neutral in the right conditions.
There is an electric motor attached to the rear axle that is capable of providing power for up to two kilometres without emissions. This provides 1000 Nm of torque to the rear wheels, and there is a second starter generator that can offer an additional 70 Nm for the front axle if needed under heavy acceleration.
This system has been designed to provide greater traction and offers a zero to 100 kilometre rate of 9.3 seconds, with a top speed of 200 km/h. Skoda claims that the Vision X has a 650 kilometre driving range.
The Vision X is an exciting new concept and provides fantastic insight into potential new Skoda models in the future. If you would like to learn more about Skoda new models, 2018 releases, and the current line up, you should call in and see us. Our sales staff would be delighted to answer any queries about anything Skoda, model cars specifications and current deals.
The Vision X concept has been officially unveiled by Skoda in Geneva, and it looks set to have a massive influence on new Skoda models in the years to come. This concept features a company first hybrid system that includes petrol, electric and natural gas power.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Import Your Car To Spain
- 7 Reasons for using Private Airport Transfer service over taxi in Singapore
- The Importance of a Trustworthy and Reliable Limousine Service in Singapore
- Why A Prebooked Airport Or Cruise Port Transfer Can Be The Best Option For You?
- Car Fuel Savings
- Guide To Purchase A Pre-Owned BMW
- Reach Local SEO Brisbane for the Best SEO Tips
- How to trade in my car with payments left on the loan?
- Want to Buy a Quality Car? just in a used car
- Which 2019 car do women prefer? According to the Women’s World Car of the Year it’s the Mazda 3.
- Everything you need to know about Car Key Programmers
- What are the Subaru WRX models?
- What Is Fuel Injector Cleaner ?
- How To Remove Overspray From Glass Easily?
- How to Remove Auto Paint Overspray Easily & Effectively?
- 8 Auspicious Car Plate Numbers That Will Bring You Prosperity in 2020
- 4 Things that Affect Your Fuel Economy of Your Car
- Get the Service of Paint Overspray Removal On Car from Specialist Overspray Removal Cleaners
- How to Remove Overspray From Car?
- Remove overspray from plastic with the help of skilled professionals of JLN
- Professionals know how to Remove Overspray From Car Paint, and They know it Best
- Reasons to Rent a Car in Dubai
- Until Recently, We Never Understood The Dangers Of The Internal Combustion Engine
- Charging Times Can Be A Problem For Electric Vehicles
- How To Evaluate A Used Car's Condition
- Aston Martin
- Budgeting Tips for Buying a Car
- The complete guide to buying and selling cars in Dubai
- Best Future Jobs You Should Look Forward To In Automotive Industry
- Historic Racing Crashes That Revolutionised Car Safety