Tips for Choosing Kitchen Benchtops
- Author Adam Smith
- Published August 3, 2018
- Word count 408
When renovating a kitchen, many homeowners concentrate on their cabinets and fail to consider the impact of the right kitchen bench. We take our benchtops for granted, but they can add texture, colour and even interest to your decor. It can be a little overwhelming when you start to explore the range of materials, colours, and styles, so here are some tips to help you make your decision.
Set Your Budget:
Just like every other element of your renovation, the cost of kitchen benchtops needs to be considered. However, it is worth thinking about the impact a kitchen bench can have on the overall aesthetics and practicality of your new kitchen. There are some fantastic laminated bench tops that offer a more economical choice, but if you want something more high end, you may need to be prepared to make compromises elsewhere.
Choose Your Material:
From granite and marble to stone and laminated bench tops, there are many, many choices available. Of course, each material has its own characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages. Granite is a popular choice since it is strong, durable and attractive. However, it is one of the most costly options. Granite is also a natural stone, so each slab has unique veining and colouring. This means that if you are going for a sleek, perfectly mirrored look, it may not be the right choice for you.
Laminate benchtops are at the other end of the pricing scale. They offer a more budget option but are still an attractive choice. Laminate is available in a myriad of colour options and designs, so you can complement any style of kitchen cabinet.
Assess the Depth and Thickness:
The depth and thickness of kitchen benchtops are vital elements of your kitchen design. You can create definition by mixing slimmer surfaces and chunkier profiles. You can also create extra deep island or peninsula units for a uniquely practical and stylish finish.
Set Your Height:
You also need to think about the height of your kitchen benchtops. Perth homeowners may prefer to have different heights of bench to define the different zones of the kitchen. This is not only a style choice but can make your kitchen more practical. Standard height benchtops are designed for food prep and cooking, but this is not going to be comfortable if you are sitting on a bar stool. Remember that you are planning a kitchen for your needs, so think about your benchtop heights.
If you are thinking about kitchen benchtops, Perth homeowners should speak to us. We offer a wide variety of kitchen benchtops including laminated bench tops. Our team members are on hand to answer your queries and help you to choose the right kitchen bench for your home.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne