6 Ways To Spice Up Your Outdated Kitchen Cabinets
- Author Adam Smith
- Published August 21, 2018
- Word count 499
Have you wanted to give your old kitchen a fresh new look? Finding the perfect solution shouldn’t be a problem. There are lots of ways on how you can update your kitchen. By giving your outdated kitchen cabinets a makeover, you can undoubtedly transform the look and feel of your kitchen.
To update your kitchen, consider giving your old cabinets a fresh splash of colour. If you intend on painting them, make sure your kitchen cabinets are still structurally sound. Otherwise, it would be best to replace them and have custom cabinet doors built.
Wallpapers come in different styles and designs which makes them an excellent medium for updating old cabinets. Once you made up your mind with the kind of wallpaper you want to incorporate on your kitchen cabinets, it’s time to start working. With a little bit of semi-gloss interior latex paint, fitted wallpaper scraps, spray adhesive and decoupage medium, you’ll have DIY custom cabinet doors in no time.
Install pull out shelves or lazy susan
By installing pull out shelves, you can utilise the space that is already existing in your storage. On the other hand, installing Lazy susans gives you the comfort of effortless access to hard to reach areas at the back of your cabinets by rotating the shelf.
Add Uplighting and Task Lighting
Using lighting fixtures is another practical way of improving the overall look of your kitchen. Make use of eco-friendly lighting fixtures such as LEDs and take advantage of its many benefits. These may seem costly, but it lasts longer and consume a lesser amount of energy compared to Fluorescent lights.
First, you might want to try the task lighting under your kitchen cabinets; this will ensure that you’ll have a well-lit space to prepare your meals. If you choose the dimmable ones, you can use this to give your kitchen a soft glow and subtle mood. Uplighting, on the other hand, draws the eyes towards your ceiling. It works great if you have a high and beautiful ceiling that is worth giving the attention.
Have your kitchen cabinet doors custom-made
Nowadays, many companies like The Kitchen Door Company can handle tedious tasks that involve the making of your custom cabinet doors. It is an excellent way of updating cabinet doors while keeping your old but still functional cabinets. You can have them paint, laminate or even vinyl wrap your kitchen cabinet doors for a beautiful new look.
Replace them already
The easiest way is to get rid of old cabinets is to replace them with new ones. If you have the budget to do so, it is the best way to pamper your kitchen. You can choose what style, design and colour your cabinets will have as you can choose from many options.
Setting the tone your home can start with a simple kitchen makeover. Opt for DIY projects if you want to be creative especially if you are low on budget.
For a more straightforward option of updating cabinets, getting custom kitchen cabinet doors or replacing your cabinets altogether is your best bet for a brand new look.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?