5 Kitchen Trends That Are Here to Stay
- Author Annie Taylor
- Published August 1, 2018
- Word count 693
Whether you’re looking to redecorate your kitchen or are ready for a full-blown remodel, you’ll want to ensure that the job’s done right – and preferably in style! Any makeover, no matter how large or small, requires inspiration, which you’re likely to receive from countless magazines, billboards, blogs, and your friends’ decorative touches. But how do you sift through all of these options and choose a style that’s bound to stand the test of time? If you’re ready to cut through the noise and make decisions that are sure to last, it’s time to familiarize yourself with the popular trends that many modern, quality kitchens embrace. Read on for the five biggest and boldest traits that are sweeping the industry.
- Chic Color Choices
If you’re after a look that’s both tidy and elegant, white cabinetry stands head and shoulders above the rest. White not only creates a light and friendly ambiance, but is also timeless, as it perfectly complements everything from natural shades to bright bursts of color. So, you can’t go wrong with this clean, versatile look – especially if you’re prone to frequent redecorating projects.
While white is undoubtedly the leader of the pack in quality kitchens, you could also opt for darker shades if you’d like to swim against the current and spice up your space. Colors such as stone gray, plum, or even black are gaining traction, and are certain to give your space a dramatic edge that’ll wow your visitors. Keep in mind, however, that these shades can make your kitchen too dark, particularly if natural light is sparse.
- Fully Extending Drawers
Many quality kitchens still have both upper and lower rows of cabinets with doors, but this trend is on a clear downward trajectory. After all, who still wants to have a row of lower cabinets with doors when you could have slick, fully extending drawers instead? This ingenious storage solution not only allows you to get a comprehensive overview of the drawer’s contents at one glance, but also enables you to maximize and effectively organize your space. That’s right: no more partially empty cabinets because you can’t reach the far corners. Drawers save you the trouble of bending down and rummaging through your cupboards – and they look beautiful, too!
- Versatile Kitchen Islands
Along with lower cabinets with doors, more and more quality kitchens are waving goodbye to wall cabinets in order to create a brighter, less cluttered space. As a result, islands are becoming bigger and better, simultaneously functioning as an area for food preparation, casual dining, and storage. Their versatility is illustrated by a hot trend in open-plan homes, in which islands that extend all the way into the dining or living room area are becoming increasingly common. Never underestimate the functionality of these multifaceted wonders!
- Fabulous Floors
Solid wood floors are and always will be a top contender in this category, but let’s take a moment to consider the popular alternatives. Engineered wood and ceramic tiles are more practical when it comes to maintenance, and are available in a huge range of styles and textures. So, why not go for one of these materials, which can mimic the sophistication of wood flooring, but don’t stain and don’t require regular varnishing? Ease and elegance all in one.
- Tech Takes Over
Control your lighting from your smartphone, have your fridge tell you what groceries you need to buy, and wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee without having to lift a finger. These are only a few ways in which technological developments can take your space to new heights, making everyday tasks easier, faster, and not to mention cooler! From voice-responsive virtual assistants to faucets with motion sensors, the future of quality kitchens is digital. Are you ready to take the leap?
Although there are many industry crazes that you could buy into, we know that these five trends are here to stay. Don’t forget to review them when your next kitchen makeover comes a-knocking! They’re guaranteed to get you started on the right foot.
Caroline Krogh-Jensen is a co-founder of BauBox, a manufacturer of affordable, European-style kitchen cabinets based in California. With over a decade of experience in the furniture industry, she has built up an outstanding reputation for helping her clients design quality kitchens that exceed their highest expectations, always striking the perfect balance between comfort and class.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach