Give Your Air Conditioning Split System a Holiday
- Author Jeff Mouritz
- Published September 9, 2018
- Word count 496
During a typical year, an air conditioning split system will have periods where it needs to work extremely hard to keep the home at a comfortable temperature. If you have a summer holiday planned for yourself and your family why not give your AC system a holiday at the same time. This can help to lower your energy bills and give your system a well earned break until you return. Let’s take a closer look at how this can be done and how you could benefit from this arrangement.
Setting the Thermostat
Probably the most important consideration to make is how you will adjust your thermostat to cover the period of your break. This is very important if you have any pets that will be staying in your home during your break. A pet will need fresh air just like a human does and they can be very susceptible to heat related issues. Set your thermostat as high as you can before you leave 27℃ is a good figure if the home will be empty. You can also draw all the shades to keep the heat of the sun out of your rooms while you’re away.
Don’t Turn the Thermostat Off Completely
It may be tempting (if the home will be empty) to turn the thermostat off entirely and turn it back on when your return. This is a bad idea because the air will stagnate in your home and the heat will turn it into a virtual sauna. This can damage materials in your home, such as wallpaper, wood, drywall, and sheetrock. In extreme cases, you may discover that the compressor on your refrigerator has been damaged due to accelerated wear and tear in the excessive heat. Other items could also be at risk, such as bottles of wine, delicate pieces of art, houseplants and makeup kits. All of these delicate items can really be badly affected in a hot steamy home over a period of days.
If you’re taking a winter break some of these concerns mean that you still need to have your system on at strategic times throughout the day. If you have pets, you could set the thermostat at 18℃ to keep things comfortable and if the home will be totally empty 10℃ is more than adequate. This will help your home to deal with problems related to freezing, and water pipes are particularly at risk.
If they are looking for split system air conditioning, Perth homeowners should get in touch with us here at Gas&Air. We can supply, install, service and repair a wide selection of heating and cooling equipment, including air conditioning split system products. Our team of technicians is trained to work on a wide variety of equipment, and we only ever used genuine, or manufacturer approved parts. Our team members are standing by to discuss your needs in greater detail, and they will be happy to answer any further questions you may have.
If they are looking for split system air conditioning, Perth homeowners should get in touch with us here at Gas&Air. We can supply, install, service and repair a wide selection of heating and cooling equipment, including air conditioning split system products. https://www.gasair.com.au/split-refrigerated-air-conditioning/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne