Overcoming Driving Anxiety in the Mazda 3
- Author Greg Dean
- Published October 9, 2018
- Word count 564
The Mazda 3 is an excellent family car that’s equally at home in the city or out on the open highway. However, many drivers suffer from driving anxiety at some point during their driving career. This may occur after an accident or near miss collision, or it could be part of a larger phobia, such as a fear of tunnels or driving at higher speeds. Whatever the trigger or cause, driving anxiety can seriously affect your capabilities behind the wheel. In this article, we will take a closer look at driving anxiety and explore some simple strategies that may help.
First a Quick Disclaimer
This article is not intended to replace psychological or medical advice that you would receive from a trained professional. The tips mentioned here may work for you, but if you have deeply ingrained anxiety surrounding driving, there may be broader issues that you need to address. Hopefully, this advice will help you to enjoy your driving again.
Identify Your Specific Fear
Some people, become anxious when they have to drive across a bridge or through a tunnel. Others may become frightened when they have to merge on a highway at speed. There is usually a specific trigger that will set the anxiety off, and it may grow more severe over time. This could turn a simple commute into a nerve wracking experience, and that’s the last thing any driver wants at the start of any journey.
Gain Back Your Confidence
Some drivers overcome their fears by taking some refresher classes in driving. Having a driving instructor in the car can be a very calming influence for some drivers. However, it takes a special type of driving instructor to be as patient as you need them to be. Before you book an instructor, explain your situation and find out if they can help you with your anxiety issues. Sometimes, simply getting some extra teaching can really help, perhaps there is a skill like parking that you’re nervous about because you don’t perform the maneuver very often.
Taking Matters Into Your Own Hands
Some drivers find a passenger or driving instructor a distraction and they would prefer to work through the problem themselves. This is possible, but you have to be very patient with yourself and honest about your particular issue. Once you understand the source of your driving anxiety, you can start to deal with it. Take the car out when the roads are quiet and practice your skills over and over until you can deal with the anxiety. Gradually over time go out at slightly busier times and keep at it until you can handle the situation on any road at any time of the day.
If they are looking for a Mazda 3 for sale, Perth Wa based drivers should get in touch with us at Melville Mazda. We offer a large choice of both new and used cars available for sale, including the latest Mazda 3 models. Join us for a test drive, and you can sample the Mazda driving difference for yourself. If you need finance for your Mazda purchase, you will find that our rates are favourable and your repayments can be scheduled to suit your individual needs. Our team is standing by to advise you on our latest hot deals, and they would be happy to answer any other questions that you may have.
Greg Dean is well known author for many automobile journals and also dealer principal at Melville Mazda. If they are looking for a Mazda 3 for sale, Perth Wa based drivers should get in touch with us at Melville Mazda. We offer a large choice of both new and used cars available for sale, including the latest Mazda 3 models.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Import Your Car To Spain
- 7 Reasons for using Private Airport Transfer service over taxi in Singapore
- The Importance of a Trustworthy and Reliable Limousine Service in Singapore
- Why A Prebooked Airport Or Cruise Port Transfer Can Be The Best Option For You?
- Car Fuel Savings
- Guide To Purchase A Pre-Owned BMW
- Reach Local SEO Brisbane for the Best SEO Tips
- How to trade in my car with payments left on the loan?
- Want to Buy a Quality Car? just in a used car
- Which 2019 car do women prefer? According to the Women’s World Car of the Year it’s the Mazda 3.
- Everything you need to know about Car Key Programmers
- What are the Subaru WRX models?
- What Is Fuel Injector Cleaner ?
- How To Remove Overspray From Glass Easily?
- How to Remove Auto Paint Overspray Easily & Effectively?
- 8 Auspicious Car Plate Numbers That Will Bring You Prosperity in 2020
- 4 Things that Affect Your Fuel Economy of Your Car
- Get the Service of Paint Overspray Removal On Car from Specialist Overspray Removal Cleaners
- How to Remove Overspray From Car?
- Remove overspray from plastic with the help of skilled professionals of JLN
- Professionals know how to Remove Overspray From Car Paint, and They know it Best
- Reasons to Rent a Car in Dubai
- Until Recently, We Never Understood The Dangers Of The Internal Combustion Engine
- Charging Times Can Be A Problem For Electric Vehicles
- How To Evaluate A Used Car's Condition
- Aston Martin
- Budgeting Tips for Buying a Car
- The complete guide to buying and selling cars in Dubai
- Best Future Jobs You Should Look Forward To In Automotive Industry
- Historic Racing Crashes That Revolutionised Car Safety