Safely Back Up Every Byte of Data with Active@ Disk Image
- Author Ed Robinson
- Published October 25, 2018
- Word count 494
Most computer users are aware of the importance of regularly backing up their data in case something goes wrong. Unfortunately, few people get around to creating a dependable and up to date backup that includes all their important files. When you consider that the average home computer contains thousands of treasured photo albums, important documents and large multimedia collections, it's easy to see how it's a lot to risk if you don't have a safe copy of your stuff somewhere. In the business world, keeping data safely backed up is even more important, not only because there's a good chance that the company's profitability depends on its digital assets, but also because it is simply a matter of meeting compliance regulations. In conclusion, it's fair to say that keeping your data backed up is of the greatest importance.
Computers can be unpredictable and, sometimes, they can go wrong without any warning. When they do, you'll usually need to refer to a backup. There is another common issue, however - when you're changing over to a new hard drive, such as a faster solid-state drive, you might think you need to start over. While it's always a good idea to have a backup anyway, creating a complete image of your disk makes it much easier to transfer your system drive, along with your operating system, applications and all your personal files, to a new hard drive or even a new computer. That's where Active@ Disk Image comes as a solution to create a byte-by-byte image of everything on your disk, including the operating system, applications, drivers, your personal documents and all other data on the drive. A complete disk image can take up a fair bit of space, but you can also choose to ignore empty disk sectors. Furthermore, Active@ Disk Image provides highly effective compression algorithms to make your disk images as compact as possible. This is ideal if you want to transfer your backups to a cloud storage facility such as OneDrive or Dropbox.
What's New in Version 9?
LSoft Technologies launched the latest edition of Active@ Disk Image back in April 2018. Version 9 sports many refinements and new features, one of the most important of which is the revolutionary fast compression method, which saves you a great deal of time when making new disk images or updating existing ones. The new edition also provides better support for the ReFS file system as well as improved handling of GPT partitions and disk drives. In addition, there have been many minor bug fixes, tweaks and other improvements to make your experience better than ever. The Professional edition also features the latest Active@ Boot Disk software, which is based on the WinPE build 1709 environment to provide an instantly familiar user interface to all Windows users. Another feature of the Professional edition includes the ability to save customizations, such as menus and desktop shortcuts configured with Active@ Boot Disk to the USB drive that the software runs from.
Ed Robinson works in a large IT department where he regularly uses disk imaging software to archive the contents of old storage devices and SANs.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
- How to Learn Japanese With Manga: 5 Books for Beginners
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- Stopping Fax Spam
- Strategic planning pillars
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE FOREX TRADING COURSE
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Art of Virani
- Project Leadership within Project Management
- Everything You Need to Know About the Best Software Company in Bangladesh
- Avoiding the flood — tax issues with water rights in agribusiness
- Things You Need to Consider Before Adopting a Dog
- How to create a landing page for more conversion
- Top 5 Profitable Blogging NIche
- Why Addiction To Fame And Celebrity
- VE Day: 2020
- make money online during lockdown
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- HOW TO MANAGE THE FATIGUE
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- 3 Tips on Updating Your Resume in the Wake of COVID-19
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- Surrounding Areas
- Best Tungsten For Aluminum
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- How To Manage Your Anger On The Golf Course