Peugeot 2008 Tyre Advice: Should You Stick with OE Equipment?
- Author Barry Sharp
- Published November 19, 2018
- Word count 530
The Peugeot 2008 is a fantastic SUV in the city and out on the highway. The 2008 comes with a set of tyres that have been carefully matched to the specification of the car. In every case, Peugeot recommends that replacements are as close as possible to the original equipment (OE). This is a common practice for every car manufacturer, and it’s intended to keep the car as close as possible to the manufacturer's tolerances. However, Peugeot doesn’t manufacture tyres, so what happens when your factory fitted set eventually need to be replaced?
OE is Always Best
The best option would be to buy a new set of tyres that are exactly the same as the worn ones that you need to replace. Sadly, it’s unlikely that you will be able to walk into a tyre shop and purchase the exact same tyres off the rack. There are so many tyre manufacturers and specification available that you can quickly become lost. If you cannot source the exact same tyres you will need to get a set that closely matches them. This will ensure that you get the best possible tyre performance to match certain criteria, such as durability, ride comfort, traction and of course the cost.
Don’t Forget Fuel Economy
Choosing a cheaper set of tyres could have a huge impact on the amount of rolling resistance that your car has. If your Peugeot car has OE tyres that are designed for low rolling resistance, then these tyres would have a detrimental effect on your fuel economy. So, buying a set of cheap tyres could save you money in the short term, but in the medium to long term, you may end up paying more for your fuel. Essentially, cheaper tyres are a false economy in terms of fuel efficiency, and the costs can really add up over time.
The Lifespan of Tyres
Another aspect that could affect your finances is the durability of your tyres. Replacing OE tyres with similar rubber will most likely give you a set that will last a similar distance. Cheaper tyres will wear more quickly. There is a treadwear rating that is a three digit number located on the tyre sidewall. The higher the number, the longer the tyre should last, but this can only be treated as a rough guide. Broadly speaking a cheaper tire will need to be replaced more often and this may cost more in the medium to long term.
If you’re in the market for a new Peugeot 2008 SUV, get in touch with us here at Perth City Peugeot. We have a large selection of new, ex-demo and pre-owned cars available for sale including the latest Peugeot 2008 models. We would like to invite you to join us for a no obligation test drive, and you can try out your favourite Peugeot cars first hand. If you need car financing, you will find that our rates are competitive and the repayments will be tailored to suit your needs. Our team is here and standing by to advise you on the latest Peugeot 2008 price, and they would be happy to answer any further questions that you may have.
Barry Sharp is a well known name for many automobile journals and dealer principle at Perth City Peugeot. If they are looking for Peugeot 2008 for sale, Perth based petrolheads should get in touch with us at Perth City Peugeot. We have an extensive selection of new, demo and used cars available, including the new Peugeot 2008 models.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Import Your Car To Spain
- 7 Reasons for using Private Airport Transfer service over taxi in Singapore
- The Importance of a Trustworthy and Reliable Limousine Service in Singapore
- Why A Prebooked Airport Or Cruise Port Transfer Can Be The Best Option For You?
- Car Fuel Savings
- Guide To Purchase A Pre-Owned BMW
- Reach Local SEO Brisbane for the Best SEO Tips
- How to trade in my car with payments left on the loan?
- Want to Buy a Quality Car? just in a used car
- Which 2019 car do women prefer? According to the Women’s World Car of the Year it’s the Mazda 3.
- Everything you need to know about Car Key Programmers
- What are the Subaru WRX models?
- What Is Fuel Injector Cleaner ?
- How To Remove Overspray From Glass Easily?
- How to Remove Auto Paint Overspray Easily & Effectively?
- 8 Auspicious Car Plate Numbers That Will Bring You Prosperity in 2020
- 4 Things that Affect Your Fuel Economy of Your Car
- Get the Service of Paint Overspray Removal On Car from Specialist Overspray Removal Cleaners
- How to Remove Overspray From Car?
- Remove overspray from plastic with the help of skilled professionals of JLN
- Professionals know how to Remove Overspray From Car Paint, and They know it Best
- Reasons to Rent a Car in Dubai
- Until Recently, We Never Understood The Dangers Of The Internal Combustion Engine
- Charging Times Can Be A Problem For Electric Vehicles
- How To Evaluate A Used Car's Condition
- Aston Martin
- Budgeting Tips for Buying a Car
- The complete guide to buying and selling cars in Dubai
- Best Future Jobs You Should Look Forward To In Automotive Industry
- Historic Racing Crashes That Revolutionised Car Safety