Top Tips For Choosing Cabinet Handles
- Author Adam Smith
- Published December 5, 2018
- Word count 560
The right kitchen door handles can make or break a new kitchen. Not only are cabinet handles vital for opening and closing the doors and drawers, but they can tie the entire decor theme together. With hundreds of handles to choose from, it can be a little overwhelming to make a purchase decision. Fortunately, here are some top tips to help you feel confident to make that final decision.
Decide Your Theme
Whether you opt for a sleek, ultra modern aesthetic or traditional look, you need cabinet handles that reflect this theme. European and traditional style cabinets look at their best when teamed with old world style kitchen door handles. Likewise, a contemporary kitchen isn’t complete without a sleek t-bar or brushed chrome handle. Before you start shopping for your cabinet handles, you need to have decided what overall theme you want to achieve. You can alter the look of your cabinet doors from traditional to modern and vice versa simply with the choice of your handles.
Choose the Right Finish
In addition to reflecting a more modern or traditional look, the finish of your handles can affect how everything in the kitchen ties together. For example, brass has a more traditional feel, while chrome looks more modern. However, you need your handles to coordinate with light fixtures, appliances, and accessories in your kitchen. So, when you’re shopping for cabinet handles, think about the finish of your light fittings and whether you’ll be upgrading your appliances in a new finish. Remember, you don’t need to perfectly match the finishes, but they should complement each other to tie together the theme. So, you can pair stainless steel appliances with chrome light surrounds, and chrome cabinet handles. Alternatively, you can showcase a feature appliance such as a refrigerator or stove with your cabinet handles. So, bronze handles can work well with copper tones and metallic finishes.
Match Your Hinges
If your cabinet hinges will be visible from the sides of your cabinets, it is important that your handles match. Even though this is a small detail, it can be glaringly obvious if you have chrome hinges and brass handles. Overlooking this detail could compromise the overall aesthetic of your kitchen, and you’ll be cursing your decision every time your eye is drawn to this glaring error.
Finally, you need to think about how practical your cabinet handle will be for day to day use. For example, although you may love the appeal of a dainty handle, if you struggle to use it or you find your fingers getting stuck, it will soon get old. Kitchen cabinets get a great deal of use and are opened multiple times every day, so you need handles that feel sturdy and comfortable to use. Don’t just look at the handles, touch the finish and feel the lines of the handle, to see if they fit your hand well and will be comfortable for the years to come in your kitchen.
If you are interested in kitchen door handles, Perth based The Kitchen Door Company is here to help. We not only offer a fantastic choice of cabinet doors, but also accessories such as cabinet handles. You’ll also find our team ready to answer any queries to help you plan all the details to create your dream kitchen.
If you are interested in kitchen door handles, Perth based The Kitchen Door Company is here to help. We not only offer a fantastic choice of cabinet doors, but also accessories such as cabinet handles. https://www.thekitchendoorcompany.com.au/shop/accessories/handlesArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?