The 2018 Mazda 2 GT Automatic Reviewed
- Author Greg Dean
- Published December 3, 2018
- Word count 516
When they think about the Mazda 2, Perth based drivers can be forgiven for dismissing the GT moniker. After all, the Mazda 2 is a well respected and popular small car, but it’s hardly a grand touring machine. In this case, the GT variant has more to do with providing a premium grade feature set in the small car segment. As such, the Mazda 2 sedan and hatch with the GT badging offer more for a small jump in price. Let's’ take a look at what this car has to offer so that you can make the right purchasing choices.
A Look at the Basics
This latest Mazda 2 GT reviewed here is the automatic version that sits above the Genki at the top of the range. This makes it the flagship of the range; it has a smart interior, great tech on board and a comprehensive feature set. The car is fun to drive, it has precise, agile handling, and the engine is well matched to the auto gearbox. Apart from the Soul Red colour, the metallic paint is offered as standard, and there is a five year warranty in place. Some drivers may not like the limited rear, and the tyre noise could be less pronounced at higher speeds.
The Specification Levels
The Mazda 2 Genki has plenty of equipment that also appears on the GT variant, such as: LED headlights, LED fog lamps, daytime running lights, satellite navigation, a heads up display, keyless start, blind spot monitoring with a rear cross traffic alert, electric folding side mirrors, rear sensors, rain sensors, front and rear autonomous emergency braking, a 7" MZD Connect infotainment touchscreen and 16" alloy wheels.
The Mazda GT Additions
There is no extra equipment fitted to the GT, but it does have some interesting features that place it firmly in the premium category. The inclusion of metallic paint as standard is a rare occurrence in any car segment and only the Soul Red option costs extra. The upholstery has also been upgraded to a two tone mix black leather and suede (sedan models) or white leather and black cloth (hatch models). The soft touch materials have white stitching that is evenly applied across the passenger side dashboard, front door armrest, and centre console area. The gear lever, handbrake and steering wheel are all covered in leather similar to that found on the Mazda 6 and CX-5. The cabin certainly has a more premium feel compared to the Mazda Genki and the competition.
Under the Bonnet
Despite having the same 1.5L four cylinder petrol engine found under the bonnet of every car in the Mazda 2 range, there are some changes to enjoy. The Mazda 2 GT has been tuned to be slightly more powerful than its siblings. The engine now generates 81kW of power and has 141 Nm of torque available. This is the same tuning found on the Mazda MX-5 roadster, and it helps give the Mazda 2 GT a spritely and agile level of performance. This is enhanced even further with a Sport Mode that is useful when travelling at high speeds at the expense of some of the refinement.
Are you in the market for a new or used Mazda 2 for sale? Perth based motorists should get in touch with Melville Mazda to arrange a no obligation test drive. https://www.melvillemazda.com.au/new-vehicles/mazda2/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Guide To Purchase A Pre-Owned BMW
- Reach Local SEO Brisbane for the Best SEO Tips
- How to trade in my car with payments left on the loan?
- Want to Buy a Quality Car? just in a used car
- Which 2019 car do women prefer? According to the Women’s World Car of the Year it’s the Mazda 3.
- Everything you need to know about Car Key Programmers
- What are the Subaru WRX models?
- What Is Fuel Injector Cleaner ?
- How To Remove Overspray From Glass Easily?
- How to Remove Auto Paint Overspray Easily & Effectively?
- 8 Auspicious Car Plate Numbers That Will Bring You Prosperity in 2020
- 4 Things that Affect Your Fuel Economy of Your Car
- Get the Service of Paint Overspray Removal On Car from Specialist Overspray Removal Cleaners
- How to Remove Overspray From Car?
- Remove overspray from plastic with the help of skilled professionals of JLN
- Professionals know how to Remove Overspray From Car Paint, and They know it Best
- Reasons to Rent a Car in Dubai
- Until Recently, We Never Understood The Dangers Of The Internal Combustion Engine
- Charging Times Can Be A Problem For Electric Vehicles
- How To Evaluate A Used Car's Condition
- Aston Martin
- Budgeting Tips for Buying a Car
- The complete guide to buying and selling cars in Dubai
- Best Future Jobs You Should Look Forward To In Automotive Industry
- Historic Racing Crashes That Revolutionised Car Safety
- How Really does Head Up Display Work?
- How to Prevent Car Sickness in Your Mazda MX-5
- How To Use Tire Inflator ?
- What is the Safest Colour for Your Subaru XV?
- A Brief 2018 Mazda 2 Sedan Review