Fully Meshed Or Single Broadband Wi-Fi Router For Business?
- Author Don Bradley
- Published December 12, 2018
- Word count 590
There’s no doubt that broadband choices are integral to the performance of any business nowadays. You can’t get far if you and your staff aren’t able to connect to the internet. When all you really want is good Wi-Fi speed that delivers what you need, however, you can quickly end up being blinded by science.
One of big issue for businesses in recent times is whether a meshed Wi-Fi or a single broadband Wi-Fi router system is best. A lot will depend on the number of people you have working for you and where your business is located.
To help, here’s our run down of what the pros and cons are for each type of Wi-Fi system.
The Single Broadband Wi-Fi Router
This is what we generally see in our own homes and works perfectly well for small offices and businesses where there are few users who are collected together in the same space. If you are creating a start-up and have decided to work from home for your business, a single router should be fine. Even in a small office, it should suffice perfectly well.
In the past, many home owners and home businesses with poor coverage used Wi-Fi extenders and these can still work pretty well in many circumstances. If you have dead zones in your property, however, you may like to introduce mesh-networking technology to provide full access to everyone, wherever they happen to be standing or sitting.
Fully Meshed Wi-Fi Networks
The problem you get with a single broadband Wi-Fi router is its reach. The reason we only have the single router in our homes is because it only needs to cover a few rooms at most and less than an acre of ground.
With your business, you may have hundreds of square metres of space where everyone needs to have the same quality Wi-Fi access.
A fully meshed Wi-Fi system uses a system of radio nodes to ensure that anyone with a Wi-Fi enabled device within the property can easily connect. That means anyone can set up anywhere in your office or work area, with any device, and access the broadband connection. They don’t have to walk closer to a single broadband Wi-Fi router to get a stronger signal or worry about how many people are online.
One big benefit of a meshed Wi-Fi network is that it works from a single network, so you don’t have to have separate routers with different passwords to meet your business needs. There is no single failure point and, as long as you have the initial broadband router working, you should expect even coverage across the whole network.
This automatically gives you better coverage than with a standard single broadband Wi-Fi router. The other big benefit of a meshed network is that it is scalable – you can grow it or shrink depending on your needs.
One issue you will need to take into account, however, is the cost. A meshed network is going to come at a higher price than a single broadband router. Overall, however, if you have a sizeable office space or are suffering from dead zones in your business, the benefits of a meshed system far outweigh the disadvantages. They are relatively easy to set up and can be tailored to meet your business needs exactly.
If you would like any help, choosing the right Wifi for your business or would like to know more about the broadband deals available. Just contact Lascom Solutions via email or call on 08444 127 009
Lascom Solutions are independent telecommunications providers. For over 10 years, we’ve been providing fixed calls and lines, business mobiles, broadband, 0800 – 0844 numbering services, VoIP telephone systems and text messaging services.www.lascomsolutions.co.ukArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why you Should Hire a Local SEO Company in Melbourne
- Improve your link building efforts with these effective tactics
- Alternative for a self-ordering kiosk at your restaurant
- Best Modem & Routers for Satellite Internet Connection
- Website Architecture: Things to know before starting your next website design project
- Long-tail Keywords- Why You Need to Focus on Them?
- Manga Rock Shuts Down Due to Piracy and Starts MR Comics
- How To Makes Money Online
- How to remove Malware from your Android Phone?
- Time Now to Bring AI Power to Your eCommerce Business
- JobEnrolls: A safest freelancing platform in Bangladesh
- Is PayPal Right Choice For Your Prestashop Store? 5 Reasons to Justify
- What’s A Board Certified Behavior Analyst?
- Important Steps to Building a Premium Brand
- Machine Learning: All You Need To Know
- Why Should you Hire Professional Services From a Mobile App Development Company?
- Ways to Improve Video Ranking on Youtube
- SEO and AdWords: The right combination for great results
- Data Science Course Fees And Content
- Necessity Of Complete Training For A Probable Analyst
- The Internet of Things Means for Businesses
- The Benefits of Web-Based Systems for Business
- Opt for Professional Web Design Services
- WordPress dot com vs WordPress dot org-The Right Choice for You
- SEO in 2019 - Know What is Trending
- Popular Website Performance Optimisation Techniques
- How to Get Followers on TikTok
- Sanity is Overrated, Build an Internet Business!
- Does Your Business Need a Website Maintenance Plan?