Recall for 2018 Subaru Outback and Liberty
- Author Ben Sporn
- Published January 15, 2019
- Word count 478
Sadly, around 5,000 crossover wagons and sedan cars have been recalled recently for a potential fault involving the driving range readings. Subaru Australia has issued the recall specifically for the 2018 Subaru Outback and Liberty models. Why has this happened and how could this affect you? Let’s delve a little deeper and find out what’s going on.
The Combination Meter Display (CMD)
Subaru has reported that the Outback and Liberty models could have a programming error. This faulty code is located in the CMD, and this can cause the driving range indicator to be less accurate. The CMD is vital to get an accurate distance for refuelling purposes, and a bad reading could leave a driver stranded with no fuel. However, Subaru is keen to point out that the low fuel warning light still illuminates if the level of fuel drops to a critically low point.
This May Affect Certain Drivers More
Many drivers of modern cars that are replete with all manner of visual feedback devices can quickly begin to rely on them. This is also the case with the CMD and those drivers paying attention to the low fuel warning light will not get caught out. Having said that, the CMD is a useful piece of equipment and Subaru understand that the error needs to be corrected. After all, if the car does run out of fuel when you least expect it you the engine may well stall and it cannot be restarted. Under certain conditions, this could be a safety issue for the vehicle occupants and other road users.
The Scale of the Problem
Subaru has recalled 4,096 Outback and 1,187 Liberty models so far, and a VIN list of affected vehicles can be easily found online. The affected build dates are the beginning of the MY18 production cycle up until the 1st August this year. The owners have been contacted and advised to not rely on their CMD for an accurate driving range figure. The necessary CMD reprogramming will not be available until February 2019 at the earliest. Subaru Australia has made it clear that they will be contacting the owners of the affected cars again once the systems are in place to fix the problem. Of course, this work will be carried out free of charge, and every effort will be made to get the problem fixed quickly.
What Happens Next?
At the moment it’s going to be a waiting game until the reprogramming can begin sometime in February next year. Until that time, drivers of affected Outback and Liberty models will have to be careful in how the fill and use their cars. Relying on the CMD at this moment is obvious a bad idea, and it will be necessary to check the low fuel warning light more often. Keeping your fuel topped off will also be an effective strategy to avoid becoming stranded.
If they are searching for a Subaru Liberty for sale, Perth based drivers should contact City Subaru to arrange a no obligation test drive. https://www.citysubaru.com.au/subaru-liberty/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Import Your Car To Spain
- 7 Reasons for using Private Airport Transfer service over taxi in Singapore
- The Importance of a Trustworthy and Reliable Limousine Service in Singapore
- Why A Prebooked Airport Or Cruise Port Transfer Can Be The Best Option For You?
- Car Fuel Savings
- Guide To Purchase A Pre-Owned BMW
- Reach Local SEO Brisbane for the Best SEO Tips
- How to trade in my car with payments left on the loan?
- Want to Buy a Quality Car? just in a used car
- Which 2019 car do women prefer? According to the Women’s World Car of the Year it’s the Mazda 3.
- Everything you need to know about Car Key Programmers
- What are the Subaru WRX models?
- What Is Fuel Injector Cleaner ?
- How To Remove Overspray From Glass Easily?
- How to Remove Auto Paint Overspray Easily & Effectively?
- 8 Auspicious Car Plate Numbers That Will Bring You Prosperity in 2020
- 4 Things that Affect Your Fuel Economy of Your Car
- Get the Service of Paint Overspray Removal On Car from Specialist Overspray Removal Cleaners
- How to Remove Overspray From Car?
- Remove overspray from plastic with the help of skilled professionals of JLN
- Professionals know how to Remove Overspray From Car Paint, and They know it Best
- Reasons to Rent a Car in Dubai
- Until Recently, We Never Understood The Dangers Of The Internal Combustion Engine
- Charging Times Can Be A Problem For Electric Vehicles
- How To Evaluate A Used Car's Condition
- Aston Martin
- Budgeting Tips for Buying a Car
- The complete guide to buying and selling cars in Dubai
- Best Future Jobs You Should Look Forward To In Automotive Industry
- Historic Racing Crashes That Revolutionised Car Safety