Building a Pergola? Choose the Right Location
- Author Anthony Davis
- Published January 12, 2019
- Word count 532
Building a pergola isn’t easy, and you can make the process considerably more difficult if you choose the wrong location. In many cases, it will be immediately obvious where the pergola should be located for maximum effect and aesthetic appeal. In other homes, a little extra thought may be required to ensure that the pergola is sited in the perfect position. Let’s take a closer look at this process and learn how to choose the right spot for your pergola.
The "Default" Location
In an ideal world, the lean to pergola would be sited along an outside wall of your home that will have access to your drive, garden and/or patio through a set of outer doors or perhaps a french window. This will significantly increase your living space to the outdoors without having to cross over any area that would be open to the elements. This will ensure that you can avoid damp, wet and muddy conditions when outside.
In the past, the only real option was to install a timber pergola, but they have significant disadvantages in the harsh hot and cold weather climates. Rain can rot the wood and even if it’s pressure treated they still need a lot of maintenance. Outdoor Impressions install modern steel pergolas from Stratco that look amazing, and are extremely durable to withstand the weather. They have an incredible range and are very flexible in designs and innovative in how they can be used to best enhance your outdoor space. Their expert installation team can do the had work for you it for you, with an attention to detail that’s unrivalled. This is not really a job for an amateur DIY enthusiast so be realistic in your confidence to build the pergola correctly.
Preparing the Area
Once you know where the pergola is going to be installed, you can get to work preparing the area. First, clear all the vegetation away and get the site nice and level to make the installation simple. Then ensure that there is enough space to fit the ledger board along the exterior wall of your home or other building. Measure out the ground where the pergola will be based and identify where the supporting posts will be located and mark them. Then arrange the structure to ensure that everything is square and check there are no cables or utility pipes underground that could be damaged. Finally, double check that no door or windows will be impeded by the pergola and you’re ready to get started.
If you’re considering building a pergola to give your home shade and protection, get in touch with the team at Outdoor Impressions. They supply and install premium quality high tensile steel modern pergola structures for your outdoor spaces. This will allow you to naturally filter light and provide ample shade for you, your family and your plants. Their gable pergola even has a clever gutter system to prevent moisture and rain damage. The team is here to discuss your pergola needs in greater detail, and they will be happy to answer any other questions that you have, and even offer a FREE quote process.
If you’re considering building a pergola to give your home shade and protection, get in touch with the team at Outdoor Impressions. They supply and install premium quality high tensile steel modern pergola structures for your outdoor spaces. http://www.outdoorimpressions.com.au/outback/pergola/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Choosing the Right Garden Seating or Garden Furniture
- Microbial Fertilizers Plant Diseases Biocontrol
- Gardening Activities During World Quarantine
- The Best Hydroponic Growing Planters
- Benefits of having a Vertical Garden for Home, or Office
- European Water Chestnut Pond Plant
- Indoor Hydroponics; Aeroponics; Aeroculture
- How to Choose the Right Planter
- Advantages of Hydroponic Horticulture vs Soil Gardening
- 7 Top Gardening Tools You Should Own
- How You Go to Deal With Turf Installer? Here is How You Should Go.
- How to Make your Garden Bloom!
- What is the difference between a one stage and two-stage snowblower?
- A guide to snowblower operating controls
- The Sustainable Advantages of Plant Development and Breeding
- 5 Mistakes When you Water Potted Plants
- How to Make use of a Jack Stand
- How Does A Floor Jack Work?
- Understanding Perth Watering Days
- 4 Ways to Troubleshoot a Retic: Perth Expert Advice
- 4 Tips for Effective Garden Landscaping: Perth Expert Advice
- 3 Top Tips for Building Pergolas: Melbourne Expert Advice
- Are The Nutritional Benefits of Eating Raw Sprouted Seeds Worth the Risk of Illness?
- "Soilless," A Funny Word, but an Efficient Way to Grow Hydroponic Plants
- Landscaping Garden Design Ideas for a Small Yard
- How Your Dog Can Actually Help With Your Gardening Efforts
- 5 Tips to Buy Best Automatic Pool Covers
- How Commercial Landscaping Perth Can Help Your Business Grow
- 5 Tips To Having a Greener Lawn