Know the Important Elements before Purchasing Transfer Switches
- Author Mark Blades
- Published February 14, 2019
- Word count 642
Frequent power outages and unstable electrical power can be a real inconvenience for your house or workplace. Access to a stable and consistent source of electricity is very crucial for any kind of establishment. If you do not want to deal with the inconveniences caused by recurring blackouts for a long period of time, then you must install a transfer switch. A transfer switch relays a building's electricity from its primary source to a backup generator.
There are a variety of transfer switches available in the market. For instance, if you deal with frequent voltage or frequency fluctuations, then the load transfer switch is just perfect for your house. However, you should keep certain factors in mind if you are planning to buy a transfer switch, which is listed below:
Determining the Number of Amps
This is one of the most important factors when it comes to choosing the right transfer switch for your house. It basically depends on the size of your property whether you need a larger or smaller switch with the right amount of amps. If you own a huge company with a lot of electronic equipment and systems, you will obviously need to buy a large generator with a transfer switch which can deal with a high amount of amps.
Number of Circuits
It is also important to determine how many circuits your generator will be able to power. The larger your generator is, the more circuits it will be able to power. For instance, the generators with 5000 watts can effortlessly run six circuits. It is generally advised to choose a 10-circuit transfer switch if you have bought a big generator. Many transfer switches are pre-wired with pre-installed circuit-breakers. In case of a customized installation, you should purchase a transfer switch with changeable breakers which can be modified to suit your needs.
Type of Transfer Switch
You should possess the necessary knowledge and understanding of transfer switches and how they work. Transfer switches come in two basic types which are automatic and manual. A manual transfer switch is needed when there are two different power sources. There is a primary power source and the other one acts as the backup power source. An automatic transfer switch is used for relaying loads between two power sources. They are further differentiated by how they work and operate. So it is really important to make the right choice when buying a transfer switch.
You should try to determine the amount of wattage which will be needed to make your generator properly operational. It depends on the electrical capacity of your establishment and the number of electrical devices which are required to power. The electrical systems like HVAC system, water heater, security system and the number of rooms also play a huge role in choosing the right amount of wattage needed for your generator.
The right transfer switch will be able to supply electricity for at least three or more hours in case of a power outage or blackout. It should be able to power different kinds of electrical devices to critical loads from the main power source. This particular factor varies in transfer switches and it ranges from 30 to 400 amperes for ATS. It is advised that the current capacity should match the main breaker in the control panel.
Transfer switches come with a lot of options depending on the type of the generator. If you are buying a generator for residential or commercial purposes, an optional panel will be provided which display the current status of the generator. When they are used for industrial purposes, there are a lot of features available which includes a variety of circuits, panels and another kind of switches. You should also ensure to check out the duration of the warranty period, the terms and conditions and any other additional upgrades.
Blades Power Generation is one of the most reputed suppliers of high-quality power panels and switch mechanisms like automatic transfer switch. They pride themselves on producing environment-friendly and uninterrupted power supply in the UK. They also focus on the specific needs of their clients and have excelled in power distribution and management.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Electrical Safety Tips & Hazards
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Maintenance Basics for Heat Pumps
- Types Of Humidifiers: Understanding The Pros And Cons
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE MAGNIFYING COSMETIC MIRROR
- Best Random Orbital Sanders for Woodworking
- What Questions to Ask When Choosing the Best Carpenter?
- How To Choose Interior Doors
- How To Size A Space Heater For Your Home
- Roof Replacement- 8 Critical Signs That Show You Need It
- Are You Looking for Remodeling Experts?
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor