Why more people are installing CCTV at home (and how they work)
- Author Don Milne
- Published February 20, 2019
- Word count 508
CCTV stands for closed circuit television whereby video feeds are sent to private monitors and are usually automatically recorded for surveillance. The duration of how long your recordings are saved for will depend on the type of CCTV you install, with most being saved for 30 days. Strategic camera placement is essential in order to gain the most advantageous views for securing your property. Most CCTV owners install a combination of visible and hidden cameras to act as a visual crime deterrent but also to capture footage of wrongdoers. CCTV technology has advanced significantly with access to high resolution color footage with additional features allowing zooming and movement tracking.
Acting as a strong deterrence against unwanted intruders and attention, it’s quite evident that installing CCTV on your premises would mean increased security. After all, intruders are more likely to break into a place without security measures in place compared to a property with clearly visible operational security systems intact.
But what other benefits does installing CCTV bring to your home? You’ll be surprised to know that there are more advantages to installing CCTV beyond acting as a visual crime deterrent. Here are the top 3 additional benefits of installing CCTV in your home which are sure to convince you.
- Insurance deductions
When evaluating any insurance policy, you will be relieved to hear that the current security levels of your property hugely impacts the amount of insurance you have to pay. By having CCTV systems installed in your home which reduces the likelihood of security breaches, you add an additional security measure that helps lower the cost of your insurance payable. Given how paying insurance is a never-ending obligation, it’s nice to know that there are some financial reliefs when installing CCTV in your home.
- Increase your property value
Another financial benefit to installing CCTV in your home is the increased value added to the property. With an overall increase in crime rates nationwide, home buyers are always on the lookout to buying properties that come with a sense of security and having CCTV in your home will satisfy their need to feel safe.
- Monitor your home on the go
Thanks to technological advancements, CCTV technology today allows us to browse and stream live video access of the CCTV cameras set up in our homes. You no longer have to be bound to the premises of your home to be able to tap into a live video feed of the CCTV cameras installed. This ability adds to the level of convenience and security of being able to keep an eye on your property at all times no matter where you are in the world (as long as you have internet access).
CCTV installation is becoming increasingly more and more popular as the years go by thanks to it being the most cost-effective security system to protect your property (both home and business). You’ll be hard pressed to find any negative comments about installing CCTV in your home given the significant advantages (and low maintenance) it comes with.
Article provided by ITA Electricalhttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach