After a Cabin Room Remodel - Now What?
- Author Tana Lake
- Published March 24, 2019
- Word count 552
This article is a follow up to a previous one called "Cabin Room Remodel in a Few Simple Steps", which left off at painting your walls and installing new flooring. Once that has all been done, you can move the furniture back in. If you are buying new furniture, you will need to make sure it goes with the wall color and flooring. And if you are mixing old with new furniture, you should be diligent in making sure it all goes together. In this process, you may want to throw away or donate any old furniture that doesn't work for you anymore. This includes pieces that no longer serve a purpose, or items that are breaking down and not safe anymore. You may want to invest in a matching set of furniture, which usually includes 3-6 pieces that all match and go together. These may cost a bit more, but it's worth it in the long run since it builds continuity and unity in the home. These sets can be found for bedrooms, or living rooms, and even offices.
Once you get the furniture all in, you may want to revisit the layout. Are you putting the furniture all in the same place as before? Or are you changing the layout a bit? Either way, things to consider with furniture placement are: making sure there is a clear and obvious path to all the seating, and even a path through that space to other rooms in the home. This includes making sure that all the existing furniture is in the best place possible, and serves the room in the best way, and that the layout makes sense to people.
Once the layout is what you want, you should revisit the accents like side tables, artwork and lighting. If you painted the walls a different color, chances are you'll need different artwork on the walls. Or if the color is darker, you may need more lamps and other lighting elements. Things tend to change quite a bit after a remodel, as they should be. Things that once worked, might not work after a remodel.
Usually when you remodel a space, you realize that certain things just don't serve you anymore, and you should probably find a new home for them. When you get rid of these various things like furniture, tables or artwork, you make room for something that makes you happier. Anytime we create a void in our lives, the universe finds a way to fill it with something that serves us better. This is why clutter is such a bad thing. It not only makes your home look messy and unorganized, but it has been proven to cause anxiety and depression because it draws energy from you from having to look at the mess every day. It also blocks you from receiving anything better because the room is too full already. And if you clear the space of this clutter, you give your room a new feeling and energy. Seeing your room free of clutter is guaranteed to make you feel better too. I encourage you to declutter a room in your home today and see how it feels.
I hope this article has helped take some of the sting out of putting your room back together after a remodel.
Tana Lake has loved art and design all her life. She attended the Seattle Art Institute for Interior Design. Her most recent accomplishment is her new website, [http://www.BestCabinDecor.com](http://www.bestcabindecor.com/), where she features Cabin Decor and Lighting Options for your cabin, lodge, or country home.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach