Decorating Your Living Room with Neutral Colours
- Author Mary Olinger
- Published April 2, 2019
- Word count 469
When we say "neutral colours" many people think of it as a boring color scheme, but nothing could be further from the truth. For many individuals when neutral color schemes are mentioned, they immediately think of only beige. First of all, there are hundreds of shades of beige to choose from and there is a lot more to using beige in your living room’s interior design. Think about the way you will combine colors, neutral and otherwise. No matter what color scheme you end up choosing, the key to having a successful living room design is finding the right balance. There are a few simple, but creative strategies that can help you transform your living room into a beautiful space.
White and Dark Neutrals
Who said that all neutrals had to be lighter shades? You most likely think of beige if asked to name a neutral color, but darker hues can be neutral too. Some of the dark neutrals include dark brown, navy blue, some blacks, charcoal, gray and even deep gold. Some of these darker neutral colors work perfectly to bring balance to the living room and can be the perfect choice for sofas or recliners. If you prefer, you can use a dark neutral to anchor your living room by using it on an accent wall, area rug or for window treatments. Offset these with a lighter colored sofa or living room set and you’ve got a match made in heaven. Dark neutral shades are going to look best with lighter neutrals.
Using Monochromatic Neutral Colors
If you’d like to go for a more sophisticated look in the living room while not worrying too much about making everything match perfectly, you might want to try a monochromatic neutral color scheme. Start out with a base color that you prefer and really love. For instance, how about a deep, espresso brown? This is a classy color for living room furniture. Then you are going to use lighter shades of this dark neutral for other room elements. To achieve a balanced look, remember to use shades from both extremes lighter and darker.
Using Neutrals with Splashes of Color
Maybe you’re the type who prefers neutral furniture and walls but want to be able to express a more creative side. You can achieve this goal by using a neutral color as a backdrop and adding in brighter colors. The neutral shades tend to make splashes of colour literally pop visually. To keep this style balanced, you will want to use two or three accent colors max. If you add too many colours in it can become too busy and you’ll lose the effect. Choose neutrals for your furnishings and add in splashes of colours with your accessories like throw pillows, rugs, lampshades or window treatments.
Mary Olinger has been working with writing challenged clients for over four years.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests