Time to replace your old wood deck with a Trex composite deck!
- Author Kyle Lindsey
- Published April 21, 2019
- Word count 468
Winter has finally come to an end and, while the warm weather is certainly being welcomed by Chicagoland residents with open arms, spring brings its own challenges. Homeowners are confronted with what emerges from the snow and cold, and many times this confrontation ends with a laundry list of the different projects the house needs.
One of the most reliable items on this list is the front porch or back deck. Despite the best of efforts, the reality of Illinois winters and springs trumps even the best-maintained decks. Annually or biannually, homeowners sink money and time into a staining a wood deck that will inevitably go back to the same splintered, peeling condition in a year or two.
Many homeowners figure that the "band-aid" approach of maintaining their deck isn’t working and isn’t worth it. A new deck needs to be built, one that isn’t a yearly pain and looks great year-over-year.
A quick Google search leads you to composite decking: a low-maintenance, decades-lasting material. But where to go from here? Another search for "Deck builder near me" pulls up multiple companies, many of whom don’t specialize in composite decking. What’s worse, many options are more handymen than deck builders.
Enter Barrington’s composite deck specialist, Platinum Decking. Owned and operated by three residents of Barrington, Naperville and other Northwest suburbs of Chicago, Platinum Decking is a composite-only deck construction company.
"We saw a clear need in the market. A lot of homeowners we talked to were fed up with their wood or cedar deck," said Kyle Lindsey, one of the owners of Platinum Decking. "Whether they were entertaining friends, hosting the neighborhood kids, or just relaxing after a long day, the satisfaction level with their deck was getting lower each year."
While the cost of composite decking materials is generally two or three times the initial cost of pressure-treated lumber, the yearly or biannual maintenance is next to none. A powerwash, or soft-bristle brush with a bucket of soapy water, will do the trick each year. The best part? This is one project the homeowner will see, feel, and be able to truly enjoy.
"My clients are most excited for this project out of all the other projects they have to do in the future, or have already done," said Matt Rudig, Platinum Decking’s Director of Sales and Operations. "This isn’t putting on a new roof or installing new windows. This is effectively adding an extension of your house - a beautiful, functional new outdoor living space you can enjoy for the next two to three decades."
Platinum Decking is currently giving free estimates for resurfacing your wood deck, or building a brand new one, in the Northwest suburbs from Grayslake to Naperville.
Please call 224.634.4345 or visit https://platinumdecking.com/
Please learn more about Platinum Decking at our site below!http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know