A Brief 2018 Mazda 2 Sedan Review
- Author Greg Dean
- Published April 24, 2019
- Word count 479
It’s been a while since the release of the Mazda 2 Neo sedan, and it’s time for some reflection with a review after extended use. The Mazda 2 sedan is a more practical choice over the hatch due to the extra boot space. But, many drivers may be wondering if the entry level Neo hits the sweet spot for features and value in the range. Let’s take a closer look at what the Mazda 2 Neo sedan has to offer the bargain conscious buyer.
At a Glance
The pricing is extremely competitive for a car with this feature set. The boot space is quite large for a smaller car and certainly bigger than it’s hatch stablemate. The look is smart and clean, and Mazda has taken steps to improve the road noise level. Some drivers may not like the lack of an infotainment system, and the rear seating area is very basic in terms of creature comforts.
The 2018 Mazda 2 Neo sedan is the same price as the hatch variant, and yet it’s more practical thanks to the larger boot area. This entry level model is powered by a naturally aspirated 1.5L petrol engine that’s paired with a six speed automatic transmission. The claimed fuel economy is 5.5L/100km combined. A recent update added autonomous emergency braking (AEB) and rear parking sensors. If you want to upgrade there is some optional equipment available, such as satellite navigation, front parking sensors, and a rearview camera. As a Mazda, it should come as no surprise that the Neo sedan has a 5 star ANCAP safety rating.
In the Cabin
As we mentioned, there is no MZD touchscreen on this entry level model. Instead, you get a small black and white display that shows the current radio station tuning and the time. If you want infotainment, you will need to go for the next model up in the range, which is the Mazda 2 Maxx sedan. There is no centre armrest, but this is available as an option for a modest price. There is a manual handbrake, no enclosed storage, and a manual AC/heater unit. One nice touch at this price point is a compartment to house your phone along with USB, AUX and a 12v connector.
The exterior has a clean design that could be described as a mixture of smart and cute at the same time. The wheel covers are functional, but they are an acquired taste, and we can see many drivers replacing them with aftermarket covers. If you want some nicer wheels, the Mazda 2 Maxx sedan and hatch are the models to go for. The trim level inside is on the basic side, with plenty of plastic and harder rubber. The materials fit well together, so the build quality is good, but make no mistake this is an entry level model trim level.
If they are considering a Mazda 2 for sale, Perth based drivers should get in touch with Melville Mazda and our team can arrange a no obligation test drive. http://www.melvillemazda.com.au/new-vehicles/mazda2/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Import Your Car To Spain
- 7 Reasons for using Private Airport Transfer service over taxi in Singapore
- The Importance of a Trustworthy and Reliable Limousine Service in Singapore
- Why A Prebooked Airport Or Cruise Port Transfer Can Be The Best Option For You?
- Car Fuel Savings
- Guide To Purchase A Pre-Owned BMW
- Reach Local SEO Brisbane for the Best SEO Tips
- How to trade in my car with payments left on the loan?
- Want to Buy a Quality Car? just in a used car
- Which 2019 car do women prefer? According to the Women’s World Car of the Year it’s the Mazda 3.
- Everything you need to know about Car Key Programmers
- What are the Subaru WRX models?
- What Is Fuel Injector Cleaner ?
- How To Remove Overspray From Glass Easily?
- How to Remove Auto Paint Overspray Easily & Effectively?
- 8 Auspicious Car Plate Numbers That Will Bring You Prosperity in 2020
- 4 Things that Affect Your Fuel Economy of Your Car
- Get the Service of Paint Overspray Removal On Car from Specialist Overspray Removal Cleaners
- How to Remove Overspray From Car?
- Remove overspray from plastic with the help of skilled professionals of JLN
- Professionals know how to Remove Overspray From Car Paint, and They know it Best
- Reasons to Rent a Car in Dubai
- Until Recently, We Never Understood The Dangers Of The Internal Combustion Engine
- Charging Times Can Be A Problem For Electric Vehicles
- How To Evaluate A Used Car's Condition
- Aston Martin
- Budgeting Tips for Buying a Car
- The complete guide to buying and selling cars in Dubai
- Best Future Jobs You Should Look Forward To In Automotive Industry
- Historic Racing Crashes That Revolutionised Car Safety