Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- Author Mike Johnsons
- Published May 31, 2019
- Word count 647
With the advancing trend of Search Engine Optimization among various businesses nowadays, bad information can easily be transmitted from one company to another. Instead of receiving and believing in false information about SEO, it is more important to become aware of these myths to avoid any pitfalls in the future.
To help you distinguish fact from fiction, we listed some of the most common SEO myths and misconceptions that some businesses tend to believe until now:
#1 Higher Ranking Produces More Money
Many companies believe that ranking high in Google’s search engine results will automatically increase their business revenue. However, this is not always true when it comes to SEO. Your website may be able to earn the number one spot in the Google search results page, but it does not guarantee that your revenue will immediately increase. There are multiple factors in the SEO process that are more vital than ranks.
For instance, it is possible for a poorly designed website to take the number one spot. However, due to the fact that the website’s elements and functionalities are not optimized, visitors tend to exit their site and opt for the others listed on the search engine results. Thus, the user experience on the website is more necessary than ranking number one. If you’re really serious about increasing revenue, then you should not solely invest all of your time and resources for a higher ranking on Google.
#2 SEO Provides Free Traffic
Most business owners think that SEO generates free traffic. However, this is too far from the truth. If you want to take advantage of free organic traffic, you should exert a lot of effort and invest a great amount of time to make sure that your website stands out from your competitors. It may not be an easy task to pull off but it will surely pay off once you see the positive results coming in.
#3 An Optimized Website is Enough
This is probably one of the most common SEO misconceptions of business owners. No matter how good it sounds, developing a well-optimized website is not enough. The goal of an SEO firm is to guarantee that the website is developed with excellent components, other than keeping it visible and afloat in the digital market.
Thus, it should be user-friendly, contain effective content and unparalleled metadata. Additionally, for a website to completely rise up against online competition, proper link-building, managing off site blogs and taking advantage of Google My Business optimization are also essential strategies.
#4 Filling Content with Keywords
Some companies tend to waive the quality of their content by saturating the content with repetitive keywords for the sake of rankings. There’s nothing wrong with maximizing the use of keywords but improperly inserting them within your content and description tags without proper context can ruin the content’s flow and make it lose its sense.
The approach may work but eventually, Google will be able to detect this and penalise your site. Thus, your company’s reliability is put at stake. Additionally, you may be able to achieve a higher ranking, but you’ll also drive away potential customers because of poorly written content. If you want to use keywords, do it effectively and professionally.
#5 SEO is an Opt-in and then Opt-out Process
There’s this misconception among many that taking advantage of SEO for a short period of time, let’s say a month, can give you results in an instant. However, it’s very unlikely for a business website to become successful if you stop SEO after the first few months you’ve only started. It is important to realise that SEO is an open-ended procedure. Also, a website grows and develops over time so it needs to be monitored and improved on a continuous basis. Google also continually changes and updates its algorithms that analyses your website’s SEO.
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things Every SEO Content Writer Must Do
- Why Writers Need An Online Paraphrasing Tool
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019