3 Tips for Winter Lawn Landscaping: Perth Expert Advice
- Author Luke Porter
- Published May 26, 2019
- Word count 508
When they think about landscaping Perth homeowners and business managers often imagine work in the spring or summer months. However, winter is an ideal time to carry out work on your lawn, and an automatic irrigation system can really help. It is possible to have a greener lawn over winter and get it ready for next year. Here are three top tips for effective winter lawn care.
- Keep Mowing
Here in Perth, we don’t get the dramatic temperature changes that we see elsewhere. But, it does start to get chilly, this is especially true at night, and the leaves will keep falling regardless. However, this is not an excuse to stop mowing the lawn, and you should actually double your efforts and keep mowing. Of course, any dead leaves will need to be raked up first, and then you can get to mowing the lawn. As the weather gets colder, you can start to drop that mower blade for the final two cuts. This shorter cut will allow the soil and crowns of grass to gain more access to the available sunshine. But, you need to be careful, don’t cut more than ⅓ of your grass leaf when you mow, this intensive cutting is very bad for your grass.
- Aerate the Lawn
If you aerate your lawn regularly, the rainwater will be able to get to the roots of your grass. This will ensure that the lawn is getting all the water it needs to grow and stay healthy over the winter months. When the weather turns drier in Spring, your lawn will be better prepared if you’ve aerated in winter. Another good way to carry out aeration is to install a water irrigation system during the winter, and then you can water more effectively in spring and summer.
- Rake Up the Leaves
We’ve already mentioned this in passing, but you cannot leave the leaves on your lawn, or these two things could happen. Firstly, the leaves will rot down on top of the grass and create a slimy mess. When the weather turns warmer, this will dry out, and you will have to scrape it off your lawn. Secondly, because the grass under the leaves could not get access to the sunshine, water, and air that it needs to thrive, it will suffer. Like any plant life, grass requires photosynthesis to occur in order to stay healthy. This process converts the energy of the sun into nutrients, and without it, the lawn will starve. Getting rid of leaves used to require a rake and a lot of elbow grease. However, you can now get a mulching mower that will cut the grass, pick up the leaves and turn it into organic particles that actually feed the lawn instead. A mulching mower is a fantastic investment if you want a nice green lawn over the winter and into spring.
If they are looking for experts landscapers in Perth, residents and business managers should get in touch with Luke’s Landscaping for expert help and advice.
If they are looking for experts landscapers in Perth, residents and business managers should get in touch with Luke’s Landscaping for expert help and advice.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach