3 Tips for Winter Lawn Landscaping: Perth Expert Advice
- Author Luke Porter
- Published May 26, 2019
- Word count 508
When they think about landscaping Perth homeowners and business managers often imagine work in the spring or summer months. However, winter is an ideal time to carry out work on your lawn, and an automatic irrigation system can really help. It is possible to have a greener lawn over winter and get it ready for next year. Here are three top tips for effective winter lawn care.
- Keep Mowing
Here in Perth, we don’t get the dramatic temperature changes that we see elsewhere. But, it does start to get chilly, this is especially true at night, and the leaves will keep falling regardless. However, this is not an excuse to stop mowing the lawn, and you should actually double your efforts and keep mowing. Of course, any dead leaves will need to be raked up first, and then you can get to mowing the lawn. As the weather gets colder, you can start to drop that mower blade for the final two cuts. This shorter cut will allow the soil and crowns of grass to gain more access to the available sunshine. But, you need to be careful, don’t cut more than ⅓ of your grass leaf when you mow, this intensive cutting is very bad for your grass.
- Aerate the Lawn
If you aerate your lawn regularly, the rainwater will be able to get to the roots of your grass. This will ensure that the lawn is getting all the water it needs to grow and stay healthy over the winter months. When the weather turns drier in Spring, your lawn will be better prepared if you’ve aerated in winter. Another good way to carry out aeration is to install a water irrigation system during the winter, and then you can water more effectively in spring and summer.
- Rake Up the Leaves
We’ve already mentioned this in passing, but you cannot leave the leaves on your lawn, or these two things could happen. Firstly, the leaves will rot down on top of the grass and create a slimy mess. When the weather turns warmer, this will dry out, and you will have to scrape it off your lawn. Secondly, because the grass under the leaves could not get access to the sunshine, water, and air that it needs to thrive, it will suffer. Like any plant life, grass requires photosynthesis to occur in order to stay healthy. This process converts the energy of the sun into nutrients, and without it, the lawn will starve. Getting rid of leaves used to require a rake and a lot of elbow grease. However, you can now get a mulching mower that will cut the grass, pick up the leaves and turn it into organic particles that actually feed the lawn instead. A mulching mower is a fantastic investment if you want a nice green lawn over the winter and into spring.
If they are looking for experts landscapers in Perth, residents and business managers should get in touch with Luke’s Landscaping for expert help and advice.
If they are looking for experts landscapers in Perth, residents and business managers should get in touch with Luke’s Landscaping for expert help and advice.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Types of Fencing for Your Farm
- Restoring Faded Gutters 101
- Gutter Repair Tips
- What to Look for in Shingle Roofing
- Fence Painting 101
- Barbed Wire Fencing Explained
- Method Used to Grout Tile
- Reasons to Buy a Vinyl Fence-Quality, Durability, Lifespan
- The Various Grades of Vinyl Fencing-Consumer and Professional
- Can a pool add value to a home in Texas?
- Skills a Roofer Must Possess
- Is Pine Wood Good for Fencing
- How to Hang a picture perfectly
- Tips To Prepare Your Home For Winter
- Who Will We Hire After the Hurricane?
- Quick! I Need a Locksmith! But Who Can I Trust?
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors - Part 3
- The 5 Special Ingredients That Make Your Paint Special
- National Homeowner’s Guide to Hiring Unknown Contractors
- Get the Best Professional Cleaning Service Near Me
- How to Select the Best Tiles for Every Area
- How to Correctly Size For Replacement Windows
- White Reclaimed Wooden Platform Bed Frames
- Your Guide To Hiring A Local Window Cleaner
- 5 Reasons to Use Your Local Hillsborough Window Cleaner
- Engaging a concrete cutting Sydney company
- Walking Sticks Guide - Tips For Buying A Walking Stick As A Gift
- Why Solar Panel Installations are Good for the Environment?
- What You Must Consider Before Hiring Your Next Emergency Locksmith
- How to Properly Clean Your Gutters