Different Types of Flooring Services Presented
- Author Edmund Brunetti
- Published May 13, 2019
- Word count 506
Reinstalling, replacing, or even laying flooring for the first time is something that can confuse a lot of builders and DIY workers. After all, there’s so much in terms of floor types and all of them have their own pros and cons. So make sure that you know a thing or two about the flooring you want to have installed, and the different options you have available.
Hardwood flooring is typically the first thing that many people go for when they want to upgrade their old carpet or tiles into something new. They are beautiful, relativity easy to lay down, and fit a wide range of styles for every homeowner. You can find hardwood floor planks to fit down on any and every type of floor, and some places will even cut the planks to your exact specifications.
There are two further types of wood-type flooring; laminate and engineered wood. Engineered wood is wood that is designed to look like natural hardwood, while also engineering out some of the hardwood’s weaknesses. Basically, the wood is like a layer cake, where several pieces of unfinished wood make up the bottom part of the layer to give the wood strength as well as resistance to water. Then a layer of natural wood rests on top, giving the entire floor the look of natural hardwood.
Engineered wood is less expensive that true hardwood while also allowing the material to resist water and warping damage. Laminates are the same way, made up of several layers that help to resist moisture. Then the top layer is designed to look better and like real wood. Unlike engineered wood, however, laminated wood has a protective layer that is laminated to the top, in order to provide additional protection.
Think of it like laminating a piece of paper, where you can still see the paper underneath, but also have the laminate to act as a shield. Engineered wood can look like any type of wood, and to a casual observer, will look exactly like hardwood. Aside from a slight gloss, you really won’t be able to tell the difference between engineered, laminate and the real hardwood flooring.
The cost of getting the flooring in the GTA varies significantly between the floor types with laminate being the least expensive, often several dollars less per square foot than engineered wood, so depending on the size of the flooring, Toronto renovators will have to make a choice on which wood to use.
Both sets of wood do not trap dust or allergens and are both smooth enough to be wiped or swept clean without too much trouble. For deep cleans, the flooring will need to be cleaned with special products and a little extra effort, so keep that in mind while choosing the flooring from Brampton or Toronto home improvement stores. You’ll be cleaning it with elbow grease more often than not, but the beauty and homey feel it will give your house should more than make up for all the extra work.
This article has been written and distributed on behalf of Petra Renovation, a flooring installation provider in Toronto and across the GTA.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Understanding The Benefits Of Concrete
- The Best Roofing Materials That You Need To Know
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #8 - Key Strategies For U.S. Homeowners Preventing Home Fraud
- How to make your finished basement feel like a new home
- "Why choosing the right kitchen remodeling company can make or break your remodel
- Ottomans – the hidden gems of comfort and style for your home
- Alexa Smart Home Devices
- Best Decorative Concrete For A Patio
- Creating An Artistic Design For Your New Concrete Deck
- Importance Of Hiring Professionals For A Concrete Foundation
- Why Cracks Develop in Concrete
- Are LED Bulbs The Most Cost-Saving Choice?
- Homeowners Guide to Roof Inspections
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #7 - Better Hiring Decisions Often Yield Better Results
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #6 - Residents Requiring Contractors To Fill Out Job Applications, FIRST
- Ottomans and chairs – a never ending love story
- Concrete Fire Pits: Design Ideas for Your Backyard
- Enhance The Security of Confidential Information With an Officeworks Lockable Filing Cabinet
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #5 - Making Wiser Decisions Hiring HomeImprovement Contractors
- Best Flooring Options For Kitchens
- What to Ask Your Hawaii Contractor Before Remodeling Your Bathroom
- What are the Major Benefits of Insulation?
- Why Should You Get Insulation for Your Home?
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #4 - Do We Give ‘Social Networks’ More Attention Than Our Homes?
- 4 Tips of Kitchen Remodeling
- Why Insulation Is Essential Today
- Key Benefits of Insulation
- Home Decoration - Inexpensive Ways to Liven Up Your Rooms!
- What A Handyman Can Do For You
- Benefits of Customized Pressure Washing