How to Use A Mold Fogger for Abatement
- Author Steven Ley
- Published June 19, 2019
- Word count 477
Removing a source of excess water and humidity is always the first step in mold abatement, but it’s equally important to follow that by eliminating and preventing new mold spores. Because mold often grows in hard to reach places such as basements and attics, using a Mold Fogger is the quickest, easiest, and surest way to eliminate mold on all room surfaces.
Before any work around mold, it’s vital to take safety precautions by wearing latex gloves, an N-95 rated respirator, and goggles. Mold spores can cause a number of health problems such as respiratory distress and skin irritation - making the potential value of Mold Fogging very important.
A ULV (cold) Mold Fogger is a metal machine that turns a liquid mold killing solution into a fine mist, and disperses it throughout a closed space until the mold killing solution fills the room with a misty fog. Mold Foggers can be found online or rented through abatement suppliers like Northwest Abatement Rentals. By creating a fog of mold killing solution, every nook, cranny, and surface of a room gets coated; ensuring that all mold spores on all surfaces are exposed to the mold killing solution. Furthermore, fogging a room prevents new mold spores from taking root in the future, so fogging also acts as a great preventative measure against new mold growth.
Operating a Mold Fogger is easy. Begin by filling the fogger’s reservoir with a mold killing solution such as Concrobium (double check that your preferred solution is compatible with a Mold Fogger). This is easily done as the reservoir is attached to the fogger with four small clips; unclipping them removes the top of the fogger where the Concrobium solution can then be poured. Reattach the top of the fogger and it’s now ready to run. An on/off switch is found on the side of the unit along with an adjustable knob to control the flow output of the fogger. We typically recommend that the fogger is run at a medium speed setting; however for large open spaces the max flow setting may be appropriate.
Once set up, Mold Fogger operation is simple. Angle the nozzle so it’s not dispersing fog directly onto a surface, which you will see if liquid is building up on the surface your fogger is spraying towards. Then simply run the fogger for between 2 and 5 minutes in all four directions of the room being fogged. When the room is visibly foggy, turn off the fogger as fogging is complete. When finished the room should be left to air out.
Mold will be killed within the first 24 hours of fogging, and any lingering mold smell is typically gone within 48 hours. Mold stains will not be removed with fogging, however the mold will be dead, making any mold stains easy to wipe off by hand.
For further information about Mold Foggers, Mold Abatement, and Remediation Rentals, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.nwabatementrental.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating