- Author June Stepansky
- Published June 19, 2019
- Word count 326
For a long time women have been questioning the roles that society imposed on them. We saw it in the novels of Edith Wharton in the early 1900’s about the restricted lives of women. We saw it in the fight for a woman’s right to vote (1917) which many women fought for and even died for.
It has taken women a long time, but finally in the 60’s women were able to break out of the mold that imposed a particular behavior on all women, and this allowed women to have more choices about how they wanted to live their lives.
With more choices, of course, have come new problems and new challenges and this has affected the previous more structured styles of domestic life ( such as man- woman relationships, past social expectations etc.) which will certainly take some time to address. Change is always difficult, but it will ultimately be liberating not only for women, but eventually for men and even for the society as a whole.
We are now in the process of identifying, one person at a time, what these new changes are going to be and how they are going to affect all of us.
Will women choose to work part time and stay home part time? Will some men choose to stay home while woman work? Will well- functioning and low cost day care centers be more prevalent? Will both men and women decide to work part time and live different, less material lifestyles? These questions will only be answered in the future as individuals live their lives and find out what works well and what doesn’t.
The ultimate hope for all woman (and for all men) is that their greater range of choices will bring about a greater chance of happiness and a more tranquil and better life. If our men and women are happier then our children too can look forward to a more loving and brighter future.
June Stepansky is a writer and poet who writes about happiness, self-improvement and social and political
firstname.lastname@example.orgArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Complete Guide to Makoto Shinkai's Best Movies
- How to Learn Japanese With Manga: 5 Books for Beginners
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- Stopping Fax Spam
- Strategic planning pillars
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE FOREX TRADING COURSE
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Have you had enough of the daily 9 to 5 grind for little money and wondered how easy it would be to start an online business?
- How to Lay Artificial Grass
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- What is a C100 Child Arrangements Form and When Do I need One?
- Drop Shipping for Dummies: Easily Start a Dropshipping Business Today
- How to find dropshipping products at B2B prices?
- Durable and Comfortable Memory Foam Bed For Pets by Layla Sleep
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- When and How to Wash Your Hands
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- Surviving a Work-At-Home Environment During COVID-19 Crisis
- BOTS: The Structure Of Any Sneaker Buying Package
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- Lane Bryant Free Shipping To Home Code: Get Plus Size Clothes At A Discounted Price
- Remain Productive While Working Remotely
- Professional lice removal service in Brooklyn