Features of Successful Mobile Apps
- Author Chris Kambala
- Published July 20, 2019
- Word count 840
With almost 4 million mobile apps available for download on Google Play alone, it can be difficult to see how you can develop a business mobile app that will stand out. However, as adults spend an average of nearly 4 hours a day using them, mobile apps are not something that a modern business can ignore.
There are many aspects of a mobile app that will determine its success. But, if you get the core principles right, it will go a long way towards making your app an app that people want to use. Here are the key features that any mobile app will need if it is to be a success.
Successful Mobile Apps Satisfy a Need
Any type of product needs to satisfy a need. When you are designing a business mobile app, you should not simply copy what your competitors are doing. You should think outside the box and think big. A successful mobile app is one the solves a problem for its users better than any other solution. It is an application that makes a user’s life simpler.
While people are spending more and more time on mobile apps, the amount of time they are willing to spend on any one app is very limited. For that reason, an app must be easy to access and easy to use. Content and functionality need to be available with the minimum of user interaction. A key design feature of a good mobile app is effortless simplicity.
Allow the users of your mobile app to customize the app the way they want it. That can be as simple as giving them control over the fonts and the colors. Or, it could be allowing users to save their own favorites. Customization gives the user a sense of ownership. Once they have the app the way that they like it, they will be less willing to switch to using a competitor’s app.
Speed is of the essence with mobile apps. Mobile app users are often multi-tasking. So, if an app takes too long to load or to perform a function, users will switch off and do something else instead. Performance testing will be part of the development cycle for a mobile app. However, ongoing performance testing will also be needed to ensure that changes to the app do not cause any performance issues.
Develop for Android and iOS
It is important to develop mobile apps for both Android and iOS. These are the two most popular platforms. This can be achieved by developing the app in a cross-platform development framework, like Xamarin. Cross-platform development tools reduce the total cost of development and make your app available to a wider audience.
Social media integration is a must for most types of mobile apps. For simplicity, you can allow users to sign in with Twitter or Facebook. Users love to share their experiences too. So, allow users to share posts or purchases easily. It improves the user experience, and it can be a valuable form of marketing.
Make it easy for users to leave feedback. It creates a sense of involvement and it shows that your business listens to its customers. It should be simple for a user to leave reviews and comments. You should also encourage comments about the functionality of the app. It will help you to improve your services and it will help with the future direction of the app.
Recent well-publicized online breaches of confidentiality have made app security even more important. It is a fundamental requirement of any mobile app that users’ private data remains confidential. It is also important that the users know that robust security is in place. So, make sure that the app’s confidentiality statement is easy to locate.
It is natural that most apps will require an internet connection to work fully. However, there should be some features that will work off-line as well. If an app can offer even limited functionality offline, it could represent a major advantage over competitors.
Upgrades and Support
A business mobile app will need ongoing development and support. That will be both in terms of fixing bugs, and in terms of ongoing software enhancements. An app needs to be kept fresh and relevant. If a mobile app stagnates, users may become bored and switch to a more modern app.
The way that people access the internet is changing. Mobile device access to the internet has already surpassed desktop access. Today, businesses, large and small, need to develop mobile apps if they are going to stay ahead of their competitors. Developing an app for an app's sake, though, will be counterproductive. Mobile apps of the future will need to connect with and engage customers. They will need to be easy to use, relevant, and they will need to fulfill a need.
When you’re ready to consider a mobile app for your business, choose a development partner like Aezion with years of native and cross-platform mobile applications development experience.
We provide a full range of custom software development services to assist Clients with solutions to their most important business and operational challenges. Our solution architects, developers, designers and engineers work with you to define, design and deliver exactly what your business needs.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Business mistakes contact centres make during cloud migration
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- 10 Open Datasets for Linear Regression
- Top 10 Stock Market Datasets for Machine Learning
- Best Image Annotation Tools for Computer Vision
- What To Know About iPad Screen Repair
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- 10 Best Data Annotation Companies for Machine Learning
- 11 Best Named Entity Recognition Tools
- How ADN Helps Crypto Funding Evolve
- The Future of Data Analytics: 5 Predictions for Where We Are Headed
- 10 Data Analytics Terms Every Beginner Should Know
- ADN Coin: Benefits of Holding Our Coin
- Five Benefits of CCTV Cameras That Go Beyond Video Recording
- How to choose your tablet?
- There Is A Lot To Consider When Setting Up A Private Medical Practice
- How Blockchain can Help fight Climate Change and Save the Environment
- Top 20 Twitter Datasets for Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- Best Data Labeling Tools for Machine Learning Projects
- What is the Difference Between CNN and RNN?
- Get Machine Learning Training Data Using The Lionbridge Method [A How-To Guide]
- What are Image Annotation Services?
- 10 Best Text Annotation Services and Tools
- Do More with a Creative Photo Editor with Facial Recognition
- An overview of Cloud 3d Print’s objectives
- Inside Luxatia 4th World eSIM summit
- 25 Open Datasets for Data Science Projects
- Implement full support for NTFS file systems on Mac
- How Virtual Reality Augmented Reality Change the Gaming Industry