Python programming for Data Science and Machine Learning
Computers & Technology → Technology
- Author Chris Kambala
- Published July 18, 2019
- Word count 567
Python is a general-purpose, high-level, object-oriented, and easy to learn programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum who is known as the godfather of "Python".
Python is a popular programming language because of its simplicity, ease of use, open source licensing and accessibility — the foundation of its renowned community which provides great support and help in creating tons of packages, tutorials, and sample programs.
Python can be used to develop a wide variety of applications — ranging from Web, Desktop GUI based programs/applications to science and mathematics programs, and Machine learning and other big data computing systems.
Let’s explore the use of Python in Machine Learning, Data Science and Data Engineering.
Machine learning is a relatively new and evolving system development paradigm that has quickly become a mandatory requirement for companies and programmers to understand and use. See our previous article on Machine Learning for the background. Due to the complex, scientific computing nature of machine learning applications, Python is considered the most suitable programming language. This is because of its extensive and mature collection of mathematics and statistics libraries, extensibility, ease of use and wide adoption within the scientific community. As a result, Python has become the recommended programming language for machine learning systems development.
Data science combines cutting edge computer and storage technologies with data representation and transformation algorithms and scientific methodology to develop solutions for a variety of complex data analysis problems encompassing raw and structured data in any format. A Data Scientist possesses knowledge of solutions to various classes of data-oriented problems .. and expertise in applying the necessary algorithms, statistics, and mathematic models, to create the required solutions. Python is recognized among the most effective and popular tools for solving data science related problems.
Data Engineers build the foundations for Data Science and Machine Learning systems and solutions. Data Engineers are technology experts who start with the requirements identified by the data scientist. These requirements drive the development of data platforms that leverage complex data extraction, loading, and transformation to deliver structured datasets that allow the Data Scientist to focus on solving the business problem. Again, Python is an essential tool in the Data Engineer’s toolbox — one that is used every day to architect and operate the big data infrastructure that is leveraged by the data scientist.
Use cases for Python, Data Science and Machine Learning
Here are some example Data Science and Machine Learning applications that leverage Python.
Netflix uses data science to understand user viewing pattern and behavioral drivers. This, in turn, helps Netflix to understand user likes/dislikes and predict and suggest relevant items to view.
Amazon, Walmart, and Target are heavily using data science, data mining and machine learning to understand users preference and shopping behavior. This assists in both predicting demands to drive inventory management and to suggest relevant products to online users or via email marketing.
Spotify uses data science and machine learning to make music recommendations to its users.
Spam programs are making use of data science and machine learning algorithm(s) to detect and prevent spam emails.
This article provides an overview of Python and its application to Data Science and Machine Learning and why it is important. Aezion Inc. Solution Architects, Engineers, and Developers can assist you with exploring Python-based solutions for your Data Science and Machine Learning applications. Contact us to learn more.
We provide a full range of custom software development services to assist Clients with solutions to their most important business and operational challenges. Our solution architects, developers, designers and engineers work with you to define, design and deliver exactly what your business needsArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Healthcare's Digital Transformation Re-eingeneered
- Recognizing and Preventing Hard Drive Failure: Safeguarding Your Data
- MPMsoft to AllMed PM: Empowering Medical Practices with Comprehensive Billing Software
- The Rewards of Owning Your Own Medical Billing Business: Empowering Flexibility, Income Potential, and Software Excellence
- Off-Site Medical Billers: The Solution for Small Practices
- Streamline Your Medical Billing Process with Advanced Medical Billing Software
- Take a Step Towards a Greener Future with LED Lighting
- Creative Fabrica, AI Text to Image Generator
- From Predictive Maintenance to Autonomous Robots: Harnessing the Power of AI and ML in Manufacturing
- Elcomsoft Phone Viewer - View, Analyze, and Export Phone Data with Ease
- 10 Essential Features Your Ecommerce Website Design Must Have
- The Role of Telemedicine in Disaster Response and Emergency Care
- BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Asset Inspection Management
- Seven Realities of CRM Success and How to Address Them
- Exploring the Potential of Virtual Reality in Education: Benefits, Challenges, and Future Developments
- How We Measure Software Quality
- 100 Days of Code: The Challenge That Made Me Question My Sanity!
- The Intersection of Technology and Education: Navigating the Future Together
- Why Webflow is the Right Choice for Medium to Enterprise Level Businesses
- A Quick Guide to Get Started With WordPress.
- Custom Software Development Company
- 15 Companies That Use Salesforce CRM and How They Benefit
- Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) in Construction
- Benefits of Integrating WebChat Into Modern Web Apps
- Benefits Of Managed IT Services and Why Businesses in Irvine Should Consider Them?
- Choosing the correct mobile device for your inspection requirements
- Top Essential WordPress Plugins for Basic Website Development
- Cryptocurrency success story
- The Kosher Smartphone: Your Ultimate Guide to a Tech-Savvy Jewish Life
- Game On: The Power of Gamification in STEM Education