Python programming for Data Science and Machine Learning
- Author Chris Kambala
- Published July 18, 2019
- Word count 567
Python is a general-purpose, high-level, object-oriented, and easy to learn programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum who is known as the godfather of "Python".
Python is a popular programming language because of its simplicity, ease of use, open source licensing and accessibility — the foundation of its renowned community which provides great support and help in creating tons of packages, tutorials, and sample programs.
Python can be used to develop a wide variety of applications — ranging from Web, Desktop GUI based programs/applications to science and mathematics programs, and Machine learning and other big data computing systems.
Let’s explore the use of Python in Machine Learning, Data Science and Data Engineering.
Machine learning is a relatively new and evolving system development paradigm that has quickly become a mandatory requirement for companies and programmers to understand and use. See our previous article on Machine Learning for the background. Due to the complex, scientific computing nature of machine learning applications, Python is considered the most suitable programming language. This is because of its extensive and mature collection of mathematics and statistics libraries, extensibility, ease of use and wide adoption within the scientific community. As a result, Python has become the recommended programming language for machine learning systems development.
Data science combines cutting edge computer and storage technologies with data representation and transformation algorithms and scientific methodology to develop solutions for a variety of complex data analysis problems encompassing raw and structured data in any format. A Data Scientist possesses knowledge of solutions to various classes of data-oriented problems .. and expertise in applying the necessary algorithms, statistics, and mathematic models, to create the required solutions. Python is recognized among the most effective and popular tools for solving data science related problems.
Data Engineers build the foundations for Data Science and Machine Learning systems and solutions. Data Engineers are technology experts who start with the requirements identified by the data scientist. These requirements drive the development of data platforms that leverage complex data extraction, loading, and transformation to deliver structured datasets that allow the Data Scientist to focus on solving the business problem. Again, Python is an essential tool in the Data Engineer’s toolbox — one that is used every day to architect and operate the big data infrastructure that is leveraged by the data scientist.
Use cases for Python, Data Science and Machine Learning
Here are some example Data Science and Machine Learning applications that leverage Python.
Netflix uses data science to understand user viewing pattern and behavioral drivers. This, in turn, helps Netflix to understand user likes/dislikes and predict and suggest relevant items to view.
Amazon, Walmart, and Target are heavily using data science, data mining and machine learning to understand users preference and shopping behavior. This assists in both predicting demands to drive inventory management and to suggest relevant products to online users or via email marketing.
Spotify uses data science and machine learning to make music recommendations to its users.
Spam programs are making use of data science and machine learning algorithm(s) to detect and prevent spam emails.
This article provides an overview of Python and its application to Data Science and Machine Learning and why it is important. Aezion Inc. Solution Architects, Engineers, and Developers can assist you with exploring Python-based solutions for your Data Science and Machine Learning applications. Contact us to learn more.
We provide a full range of custom software development services to assist Clients with solutions to their most important business and operational challenges. Our solution architects, developers, designers and engineers work with you to define, design and deliver exactly what your business needsArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- From Paper to Digital: Transforming QA with Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Elevate Your Business Central Experience with Free Barcoding Integration
- Choosing the Best SMS Gateway Provider: 5 Essential Features for Success
- Designing Easy to Use Software: Understanding the Basics of UX Testing in Quality Assurance
- The Link: Merging Brains and Computers
- Machine translation vs AI translation: What sets them apart?
- Navigating the Path to Data Excellence: A Guide to Choosing the Right Power BI Consultant with GTH Cloud 365
- The Future of AI: Exciting Times, Big Questions
- The Evolving Landscape of SEO in 2024: Navigating the Digital Frontier
- Customize Your Gaming Console To Optimize Your Gaming Experience
- Data Recovery Complications
- Unveiling the Power of Digital Platforms
- Revolutionizing Connectivity: Digital Transformation in the Telecom Industry
- An Introduction to MacBook Pro
- Cultivating Efficient Partition Management with NTFS Recovery Toolkit 23
- Create Business or Personal Disk Replication with Active@ ISO Manager 23
- Essential Phone Security Tips for Your New Gadget
- Never lose your data again due to a lousy format. Use Active@ UNFORMAT 23
- Generative AI Aims to Bring Efficiency to the Production Process
- The Developer's Dream: AI-Powered Software Solutions Unveiled!
- BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY
- Unlocking Peak Efficiency: The Ultimate Guide to AI Productivity Accelerator
- AI-Powered Applications in 2023: A Year of Lessons and Reflections
- What exactly are metaverse domains?
- Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) in Videos
- Streamline Operations and Enhance Patient Experience
- The Revolutionary Impact of Digital Platforms on the Finance Industry.
- Streamlining Finances with QuickBooks Desktop 2024
- Monopoly go mod apk unlimited dice latest version
- Property Management Saas for Property Managers